The Student Room Group

I like one of my best guy friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
The two relationships I have had in the past I initiated both of them! It's really not that uncommon for girls to ask guys out.

Yeah I remember that friends episode, it is kind of like that in a way as he is part of my friendship circle which is the main reason I'm hesitant, if he wasn't I would have asked him out already.

Go for it. Friendship can be a solid basis for the relationship. (Rachel and Monica's advice to Joey).

But wait for them to be single first.
Original post by Anonymous

Ok so .... this girl liked me and in an attempt to show it, she did a few things that she usually didn't. Like you, we are among a group and have known each other for 4 years now. It took me a while to catch on, but I soon got the hint. Heres some things she did:

- started complimenting me, especially when i got fit again (sporty fit i mean) or when i got a hair cut or a new outfit etc.
- she asked me to go with her for lunch or go to hers for dinner, just the two of us and we never did this before.
- she started asking me to take her places .... particularly thorpe park and the cinema or a drive. again she didn't want any of our other friends there.
- she would quite evidently show me that she was upset if i didn't talk to her enough or spent more time with the other girl in our group.

I soon caught on .... but I didn't see her that way. So I didn't act on it. If your friend likes you after noticing few changes like above then he is likely to act on it. I also like the other person's suggestion to ask something like "have you thought about the two of us...." - you need to pick the right moment of course!
Original post by pshah2
Go for it. Friendship can be a solid basis for the relationship. (Rachel and Monica's advice to Joey).

But wait for them to be single first.

He is single, they only went on one date and they're nowhere near exclusive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending