The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University Nursing March 2015 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollyfreckles
I haven't received an email about it or can't find the page! :frown: Just emailed the uni to see if they can send it to me. Feel like I've been sent literally no information whatsoever..

Yeah I'm kinda worried about the financial side of it too but just as long as I can afford my car and to get to placements/uni and back everyday (and obviously be able to eat haha) then that's okayish. Just managed to get onto the Student Finance website tonight so hopefully I'm on the road to getting everything sorted now. These two months are going to absolutely fly by!!
x

ive just sent off my bursary application tonight, got to send the evidence off tomorrow and ring student finance as its put that I am starting the course September 2014 and finishing march 2018 but I cant see how to change it to march 2015 :frown: is it just me whos found the bursary and student finance confusing? it doesn't help that ive left it all to last minute it feels so am now panicking! I just want it all to be sorted so I can relax and look forward to starting now haha :biggrin: x
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by fran_wooldridge
ive just sent off my bursary application tonight, got to send the evidence off tomorrow and ring student finance as its put that I am starting the course September 2014 and finishing march 2018 but I cant see how to change it to march 2015 :frown: is it just me whos found the bursary and student finance confusing? it doesn't help that ive left it all to last minute it feels so am now panicking! I just want it all to be sorted so I can relax and look forward to starting now haha :biggrin: x

I wouldn't worry about it! I've just sent my evidence off for the Bursary today and then got to wait for it to come back to use my birth certificate to send off to Student Finance. So I've been in a bit of a panic too!
It's done exactly the same to me saying that I'm starting September 2014 finishing March 2018 too! ARGH! It's a good job you've just said that or I never would've thought to double check. Looks like I'll be calling up tomorrow too.
I've found it really confusing as well, they want to know SO much stuff!

Have the uni sent you any more info about the start date or anything like that? x
I wouldn't worry about it! I've just sent my evidence off for the Bursary today and then got to wait for it to come back to use my birth certificate to send off to Student Finance. So I've been in a bit of a panic too!
It's done exactly the same to me saying that I'm starting September 2014 finishing March 2018 too! ARGH! It's a good job you've just said that or I never would've thought to double check. Looks like I'll be calling up tomorrow too.
I've found it really confusing as well, they want to know SO much stuff!

Have the uni sent you any more info about the start date or anything like that? x

I've sent my evidence off and received it back, so it has changed to active now.. hopefully i'll be hearing from them soon! Also don't worry about exact dates because i thought i had submitted mine wrong and emailed them, they said the uni will confirm exact dates to them when they know. I know our starting date is 23rd March though :smile: Oooh and for accommodation we'll be finding out in February i am praying for an en suite haha. Well finally i feel like our start date is getting closer!! :biggrin:
Original post by AKKaur
I've sent my evidence off and received it back, so it has changed to active now.. hopefully i'll be hearing from them soon! Also don't worry about exact dates because i thought i had submitted mine wrong and emailed them, they said the uni will confirm exact dates to them when they know. I know our starting date is 23rd March though :smile: Oooh and for accommodation we'll be finding out in February i am praying for an en suite haha. Well finally i feel like our start date is getting closer!! :biggrin:

How long did it take for them to send your evidence back to you?
x
How long did it take for them to send your evidence back to you?
x

About 5-7 days :smile: As long as you've put it on special delivery with an envelope for them to send your documents back you don't need to worry! I was a bit unsure about sending off all the important docs,they email letting you know anyway x
Do you have to send your original copies of evidence do you know? nervous about sending my kids actual birth certificates 😕x
Do you have to send your original copies of evidence do you know? nervous about sending my kids actual birth certificates 😕x

Yeah you have to send the originals! Dont worry, my mum was the same haha. Honestly it's fine, just make sure you take photocopies before you send it off and put an envelope in the one with the documents you send off so they can return it to you (If not then they send it via second class post). Special delivery is around £13 which is a bit pricey tbh, but it's important documents :s-smilie: x
Original post by AKKaur
Yeah you have to send the originals! Dont worry, my mum was the same haha. Honestly it's fine, just make sure you take photocopies before you send it off and put an envelope in the one with the documents you send off so they can return it to you (If not then they send it via second class post). Special delivery is around £13 which is a bit pricey tbh, but it's important documents :s-smilie: x

sent them off on Thursday so hoping they'll be returned in few days! still can't believe I'm going to be a student nurse in just under two months! x
Original post by AKKaur
About 5-7 days :smile: As long as you've put it on special delivery with an envelope for them to send your documents back you don't need to worry! I was a bit unsure about sending off all the important docs,they email letting you know anyway x

I got my evidence back on Saturday which was a lot quicker than I thought!
Has the uni sent you an email telling you to log onto the portal to check information about enrolling and the first week?
x
sent them off on Thursday so hoping they'll be returned in few days! still can't believe I'm going to be a student nurse in just under two months! x

It's exciting isn't it!! x

Ikr i think i'll be even more excited (if possible) when we have the pre-enrolment, are you going to that? x

I got my evidence back on Saturday which was a lot quicker than I thought!
Has the uni sent you an email telling you to log onto the portal to check information about enrolling and the first week?
x

Yeah i was surprised too! Just got my DBS check back today :smile: Yeah but they haven't sent me a password and username yet, have you been able to log on? x
Just looked at my emails amd there's one saying I will get an update closer to the date about enrolling etc should I log into my normal portal (tgd one my offer came on ) or is it a differed one? not sure about going to tgd pre enrolment thing yet, are you both going? x
Just looked at my emails amd there's one saying I will get an update closer to the date about enrolling etc should I log into my normal portal (tgd one my offer came on ) or is it a differed one? not sure about going to tgd pre enrolment thing yet, are you both going? x

I'm assuming we're yet to be sent a new one so i'm not sure, see if it works? And yeah i am, are you? You should come, it'll be nice to meet everyone who is going to be on our course :smile: x
Original post by AKKaur
I'm assuming we're yet to be sent a new one so i'm not sure, see if it works? And yeah i am, are you? You should come, it'll be nice to meet everyone who is going to be on our course :smile: x

ye I think I might come, be nice to get to know people so hopefully the first day will be less daunting! have you both got fb? x
ye I think I might come, be nice to get to know people so hopefully the first day will be less daunting! have you both got fb? x

Exactly! Yeah :smile: I saw you post in the group actually haha, i'll message you on here my name x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AKKaur
Exactly! Yeah :smile: I saw you post in the group actually haha, i'll message you on here my name x

have looked for you on fb but it isn't finding you : ( have you received the email about going bowling in the first week? I won't be going to that definitely because of childcare but I am worried ill be tgd only one not going haha x
Original post by AKKaur

have looked for you on fb but it isn't finding you : ( have you received the email about going bowling in the first week? I won't be going to that definitely because of childcare but I am worried ill be tgd only one not going haha x

Hi guys,
I'm going the pre-enrolment on the 9th March. Have you looked at the placement timetables uni have sent?
I will message you both my name on Facebook :smile: still haven't been able to find that group!!

x
Hi guys,
I'm going the pre-enrolment on the 9th March. Have you looked at the placement timetables uni have sent?
I will message you both my name on Facebook :smile: still haven't been able to find that group!!

x

ohh ill see you there! The placement timetable? is that where it shows us where we're at uni amd where we're at placements or holiday, or is there another one which shows actual placement allocations? maybe ring the nursing tutor and ask them to send the invite for the fb group! ill add you on fb, it'll be nice to know someone so it's not quite as daunting on the 9th haha x

I've seen you in the group, i'll add you haha. Yes i have :smile: Aww that's a shame, will you be in for the beginning part of the day? x

Hi guys,

x

So am i, i'll see you both there :biggrin: Are you going by yourselves? Yeah i have! No problem, what's your surname? So i can find you :smile: Oh noo you definitely need to join it, call up tomorrow! Tbh all the important info is emailed to us so dw, but it's nice to speak to some of the people on our course x
Original post by AKKaur
I've seen you in the group, i'll add you haha. Yes i have :smile: Aww that's a shame, will you be in for the beginning part of the day? x

So am i, i'll see you both there :biggrin: Are you going by yourselves? Yeah i have! No problem, what's your surname? So i can find you :smile: Oh noo you definitely need to join it, call up tomorrow! Tbh all the important info is emailed to us so dw, but it's nice to speak to some of the people on our course x

ye ill be in for beginning part of day just will go home when people go bowling. I'm going to the pre enrolment evening alone I think,are you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending