The Student Room Group

If a girl is talkative to you in person, but unresponsive in texting?

An attractive girl talks to you normally in person (very friendly). In fact, freshers week she was so so friendly. She's not in my halls, but friends with one of my coursework groupmates who is a girl and whom I am friends with.

By text, it's like she's someone else.. forget about being flirty, she's not really even that friendly. The tone of the message is pretty cold and sometimes she doesn't respond. There is no x.

But again, in person she is very friendly and smiley.

What does that mean?!!!!

Scroll to see replies

I suppose this is better than it working the other way around like ot does most of the time
Maybe she just finds face to face communication easier and prefers it. Some people aren't as big on texting as you can't get across expression in the same way and things can get misinterpreted so she might just not invest that much into text conversations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by sarahcj95
I suppose this is better than it working the other way around like ot does most of the time
Maybe she just finds face to face communication easier and prefers it. Some people aren't as big on texting as you can't get across expression in the same way and things can get misinterpreted so she might just not invest that much into text conversations

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so, i'm same tbh.. prefer face to face. Thing is I hardly see her, I'm doing different modules now.

My main preference is face to face, and then texting. I'm not really up for fb or anything like that.

What to do?
Reply 3
Original post by pshah2
An attractive girl talks to you normally in person (very friendly). In fact, freshers week she was so so friendly. She's not in my halls, but friends with one of my coursework groupmates who is a girl and whom I am friends with.

By text, it's like she's someone else.. forget about being flirty, she's not really even that friendly. The tone of the message is pretty cold and sometimes she doesn't respond. There is no x.

What does that mean?!!!!

I think it sounds like she just wants to be friends... sorry.
I don't think she's being horrible in texts because I have a friend who is a very lovely person but when she texts me it's in a very blunt manner with no xs ever, I think some people just text like that.
Reply 4
Original post by -Venus
I don't think she's being horrible in texts because I have a friend who is a very lovely person but when she texts me it's in a very blunt manner with no xs ever, I think some people just text like that.

Ah fair enough. Well I tried I guess! She is very lovely and she does seem really nice, even a little flirty one on one face to face.

I'm pretty sure she is an avid fb user, but looks like she's not a texter.. she's very blunt.. you should see her response at christmas!

I suppose, it means we're not meant to be, in any case I haven't seen her for the last 3 weeks being on a different module. So I suppose the heartache will subside to fond memories soon... sigh

Thanks!
Reply 5
You must understand that a lot of people become cold and impersonal when they take hold of a phone, it has exactly that effect upon me.
Reply 6
Original post by Caedus
You must understand that a lot of people become cold and impersonal when they take hold of a phone, it has exactly that effect upon me.

I know, but thing is she talks to me in person and seems not only friendly, but genuine.

But in text, it's like she either doesn't know me or doesn't want to. That seems a bit extreme.
Reply 7
It can be many things:
-She prefers face to face contact
-She might not mean to be cold, might just be her way of texting so it's norm to her?
-ect.

Worst Case Scenario
She wants someone else's babies :sexface::shot:
Reply 8
Some people just don't do well with wording things how they mean over text! Personally I wouldn't be disheartened by it at all, after all is it the text conversations or the face to face conversations that mean the most?
Reply 9
Original post by Quilt
Some people just don't do well with wording things how they mean over text! Personally I wouldn't be disheartened by it at all, after all is it the text conversations or the face to face conversations that mean the most?

Haha thanks. I live in hope!
Reply 10
Original post by pshah2

What does that mean?!!!!

it means shes aware that she has the power to influence people in person.
shes probably in the habit of winning favour in person.

when your not around there in a social environment your favour isnt needed.

she probably is shagging someone else.
probably has a load of guys on her phone texting her.
probably aint really into u.

shes a waste of your time and a distraction from better things you could be doing.
Reply 11
Original post by fojodef
it means shes aware that she has the power to influence people in person.
shes probably in the habit of winning favour in person.

when your not around there in a social environment your favour isnt needed.

she probably is shagging someone else.
probably has a load of guys on her phone texting her.
probably aint really into u.

shes a waste of your time and a distraction from better things you could be doing.

AGREED.

I've just deleted the number. She's hot, but she's not nice that's for sure.
Reply 12
Original post by pshah2
AGREED.

I've just deleted the number. She's hot, but she's not nice that's for sure.

yea i was in the same boat. this girl that was my best friend and flirty when she was around me in person or needed help from me with course work but was a cold ******** the entire other time. so i dusted my hands of her.

but it was funny i started dating a girl in the same class who was way more attractive than her and she got all weird about it.

i was late for a lecture and the ass girl happened to bump into me. sure enough best friends yada yada walking with me to the lecture. but my girlfriend was waiting for me outside the lecture. i was trying to shake her before i got there by saying i was going to the shop for a drink (she followed, i think just didnt wanna be late and walk in alone) but yea then met my girlfriend and i said "see ya later" to the ass girl. but she was just stunned and didnt no how to handle it and stood waiting for us... which was SOOOOO WEIRD. anyway im like... wow ok this girl isnt gonna go so we might aswell go in the lecture. we do and this weirdo wants to sit next to me and my girlfriend.

totally weird possessive couldnt handle being unwanted stuff. i think the fact that my girlfriend was more attractive than her kinda shook her up too.

but yea. thought the story might inspire.
Original post by pshah2

What does that mean?!!!!

That is me. I prefer speaking face to face, texting is awkward (unless we're family or very good friends) add in the fact I hate putting 'X's in texts. It makes me cringe to death. Therefore I avoid texting

Back to the question maybe she just more confident face to face rather than text... With texting there is too much pressure to be 'funny' & 'flirty'. Flirty texts eeewww, flirting in person is so much better.
Narcissist! Move to a better and nicer girl!
Original post by pshah2

What does that mean?!!!!

i know a guy like this, it sucks.
Reply 16
Original post by fojodef
yea i was in the same boat. this girl that was my best friend and flirty when she was around me in person or needed help from me with course work but was a cold ******** the entire other time. so i dusted my hands of her.

but it was funny i started dating a girl in the same class who was way more attractive than her and she got all weird about it.

i was late for a lecture and the ass girl happened to bump into me. sure enough best friends yada yada walking with me to the lecture. but my girlfriend was waiting for me outside the lecture. i was trying to shake her before i got there by saying i was going to the shop for a drink (she followed, i think just didnt wanna be late and walk in alone) but yea then met my girlfriend and i said "see ya later" to the ass girl. but she was just stunned and didnt no how to handle it and stood waiting for us... which was SOOOOO WEIRD. anyway im like... wow ok this girl isnt gonna go so we might aswell go in the lecture. we do and this weirdo wants to sit next to me and my girlfriend.

totally weird possessive couldnt handle being unwanted stuff. i think the fact that my girlfriend was more attractive than her kinda shook her up too.

but yea. thought the story might inspire.

RESPECT!! Thanks bud. Yeah I'm trying to ask out a really hot girl who is also NICE. Such a change from this time waster.

Original post by Quilt

Of course I agree. I prefer face to face too. I just felt disheartened because she is really really friendly face to face, but virtually ignores my texts. I'm beginning to wonder whether she is a faker.

Original post by -Venus

Yeah I guess. I've deleted her number now. I'm on a different module and although she is friendly in person, she seems to just be seeking validation as she is pretty. I'd much rather talk to an attractive and nice person than a user/faker. Thanks for the tips!
Original post by pshah2
RESPECT!! Thanks bud. Yeah I'm trying to ask out a really hot girl who is also NICE. Such a change from this time waster.

Of course I agree. I prefer face to face too. I just felt disheartened because she is really really friendly face to face, but virtually ignores my texts. I'm beginning to wonder whether she is a faker.

Yeah I guess. I've deleted her number now. I'm on a different module and although she is friendly in person, she seems to just be seeking validation as she is pretty. I'd much rather talk to an attractive and nice person than a user/faker. Thanks for the tips!

Oh Christ, classic "nice guy" syndrome. A girl doesn't fall at your feet when you text her and you think it's ok to call her a user/faker/time waster/attention seeker? No wonder she's blanking you, you sound awful.
Reply 18
Original post by holocene
Oh Christ, classic "nice guy" syndrome. A girl doesn't fall at your feet when you text her and you think it's ok to call her a user/faker/time waster/attention seeker? No wonder she's blanking you, you sound awful.

Come again? So I was nice to a girl. She is nice to me. IN PERSON.

I text her, she blanks me. In person, she blanks me. Fact was that she was nice to me when I was doing well and she wanted to be part of the excitement and now is so so.

Why would she ignore texts completely?

How am I awful? Read the OP!! I'm not saying all girls are bad. This girl though was a time waster. Why would you be a bad person when texting? I've deleted her number. I've got 1. better friends and 2. nicer girls I would like to talk to.
Original post by pshah2
Come again? So I was nice to a girl. She is nice to me. IN PERSON.

I text her, she blanks me. In person, she blanks me. Fact was that she was nice to me when I was doing well and she wanted to be part of the excitement and now is so so.

Why would she ignore texts completely?

How am I awful? Read the OP!! I'm not saying all girls are bad. This girl though was a time waster. Why would you be a bad person when texting? I've deleted her number. I've got 1. better friends and 2. nicer girls I would like to talk to.

If anything she's the opposite of a time waster. She probably picked up from your texts that you were into her, wasn't into you, and didn't want to waste your time by playing dumb, texting back enthusiastically and pretending not to realise she was participating in flirting. Not replying to your texts/not replying enthusiastically was her signal to you she's not interested, without actually having to humiliate both of you by being like "err I kind of get the impression you fancy me and I don't fancy you sorry".

She didn't, however, want to be rude or give the impression that she didn't like you or thought you were a dick, so she continued to be nice to you in person, because she's a nice girl? At what point did she waste your time? You're basically just lashing out at her for not being into you. Calling her a user/time waster/faker simply for not being into you is kind of pathetic.

Latest

Trending

Trending