The Student Room Group

World Cup 2014 Final: Germany vs Argentina

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JAIYEKO
Germany, putting £200 on them, don't know whether it'll go to extras or normal time /:

I will be taking Germany -0.25.
Tomorrow! Brazil will be playing! We will trash Holland for 3rd. :wink:

#neymar :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xotol
Kinda hope Argentina wins and Messi sparkles so I can say with some confidence I've seen the GOAT in my lifetime... but Germany look too good and they were my pre-tournament prediction.

Germany 3-1 Argentina

GOAT?

Messi perfoms in the group stages against the smaller teams.

Knock out stages comes and he plays the big teams...nothing.

He had 1 touch in the penalty box against Netherlands...and it was a penalty LOL
Reply 43
I bet on Germany.But, I hope Argentina can win .
Germany have got this in the bag. Germany 4-2 Argentina My prediction anyways:cool:
Reply 45
Germany I guess. Want them to win because I want Schurrle to score a brace/hattrick- if he can do that and Argentina still win anyway then I wouldn't be bothered really.
Unless Argentina (Messi) pulls something off very early on in the game, Germany will win. People who claim that Argentina will win are simply deluded.
Want Germany to win.. Though Argentina were my pre-tournament pick.. So atleast if Germany loose.. I'd have correctly called the WC
Hoping for a Germany win. The fanboys will go into overdrive if Argentina win. Even if boy wonder does nothing all game.
Think Pistol would comit suicide if Argentina wins.

Notice most people who criticize Messi are united fans. Still can't get over their man Cush on Ronaldo. :rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Malevolent
Think Pistol would comit suicide if Argentina wins.

Notice most people who criticize Messi are united fans. Still can't get over their man Cush on Ronaldo. :rofl:

Well I'm an Arsenal fan who think Messi gets hyped up and excused when he does fail by the cult surrounding him. :confused:

BBC have had a feature on Messi literally every time Argentina play, brainwashing people almost tbh
2:0 Germany
Miroslav Klose & Bastian Schweinsteiger to score and Manuel Neuer to have a quiet game.
At least that's my prediction!!!!
i predict 4-2 Germany or a really tight 2-1 to germany
Germany to win by 3-1
This'll go to extra time. Deutschland to win.
Original post by arnoob
Unless Argentina (Messi) pulls something off very early on in the game, Germany will win. People who claim that Argentina will win are simply deluded.

'People who claim Chelsea can get past Barcelona [2012] are simply deluded'
'People who claim Chelsea can beat Bayern Munich in their home ground are simply deluded'
'People who claim that Wigan can beat Manchester City are simply deluded'
'People who claim that Costa Rica can get out of their group are simply deluded'

Do you see the problem with your statement yet? There is an important difference between recognising that Germany are favourites - which they obviously are, there's nothing interesting or profound about recognising that - and acting like it's going to be a landslide - which it probably won't be.

Original post by wat a wizard
Argentina's defence is poor. No match for Germany. 4-0 Germany.

Only let in three goals this tournament.
Original post by KingMessi
'People who claim Chelsea can get past Barcelona [2012] are simply deluded'
'People who claim Chelsea can beat Bayern Munich in their home ground are simply deluded'
'People who claim that Wigan can beat Manchester City are simply deluded'
'People who claim that Costa Rica can get out of their group are simply deluded'

Do you see the problem with your statement yet? There is an important difference between recognising that Germany are favourites - which they obviously are, there's nothing interesting or profound about recognising that - and acting like it's going to be a landslide - which it probably won't be.

I never claimed that it will be a landslide. Fact is, Germany will win, they are simply superior to Argentina. I want to see the entire Argentina team weep after the match. If I'm wrong, I will look incredibly stupid, but I can live with that :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Although Argentina have been largely poor, I reckon this has the makings of a fantastic final. Expecting a German win and I'll be supporting them cos of the Arsenal connection:biggrin:
Reply 58
Argentina!!!!!!!! Argentina!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest