The Student Room Group

Changed university course, will this impact my chances?

So a couple months ago I decided the course I had applied for originally (law) wasn't my passion, so I asked my university if there was a place on the psychology course and they said there was so they changed it to psychology on ucas (yay)

But now im worried because obviously my personal statement was linked to studying law. And I think I may miss the offer given by a grade or two.
(This is at leeds metropolitan so you can throw your opinions about that uni and possible 'leniency' into this too).

I feel like if I have missed it by a grade they'll feel im not really that comitted to psychology and reject me instead of giving me a chance

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eddiexx
So a couple months ago I decided the course I had applied for originally (law) wasn't my passion, so I asked my university if there was a place on the psychology course and they said there was so they changed it to psychology on ucas (yay)

But now im worried because obviously my personal statement was linked to studying law. And I think I may miss the offer given by a grade or two.
(This is at leeds metropolitan so you can throw your opinions about that uni and possible 'leniency' into this too).

I feel like if I have missed it by a grade they'll feel im not really that comitted to psychology and reject me instead of giving me a chance

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever happens, you can always plead your case kinda thing. Theyve let you move course, so theyll understand your personal statement doesnt fit. If youre worried you could always talk to someone there. Ultimately youd have the same problem regardless of switching courses though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by HarrietROAR
Whatever happens, you can always plead your case kinda thing. Theyve let you move course, so theyll understand your personal statement doesnt fit. If youre worried you could always talk to someone there. Ultimately youd have the same problem regardless of switching courses though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is true, thanks though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending