The Student Room Group

Industrial Placement Questions

Hi,

I recently applied for an industrial placement role at a company and I was offered an interview.

I went to the interview with 100% confidence, and answered all the questions. I already have interview experience in the past and used it to my advantage.

At first, I thought the interview went wrong, but I received a phone call stating that they were interested in me and that I have to come back to be interviewed by different members of the team.

Now I have a few questions...

What are my chances of getting the job, considering that a lot of candidates are not called back?

What should I do in the 2nd interview?

What sort of questions should I ask at the 2nd interview?

Will the 2nd interview be formal or informal?

Should I accept an offer of tea/coffee/water at the interview?

Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
(1) You have just as much chance as anyone else that has been given a second interview
(2) They obviously liked you enough to call you back, so keep on doing what you done in the first interview
(3) You could ask about the type of work you will be doing, but I am sure you have done this at the first interview, this would be okay if the person who interviewed you before is not present. You could ask whether there are any particular skills they are looking for in this years candidates, that they never found in the last years placements.
(4) Assume formal
(5) Water - no one really wants to make you a tea or coffee - plus you might spill it:colondollar:

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Caroljo
(1) You have just as much chance as anyone else that has been given a second interview
(2) They obviously liked you enough to call you back, so keep on doing what you done in the first interview
(3) You could ask about the type of work you will be doing, but I am sure you have done this at the first interview, this would be okay if the person who interviewed you before is not present. You could ask whether there are any particular skills they are looking for in this years candidates, that they never found in the last years placements.
(4) Assume formal
(5) Water - no one really wants to make you a tea or coffee - plus you might spill it:colondollar:

Good luck

Thank you.

How can I get an edge over the other candidate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending