The Student Room Group

How is it to study at Regent's

Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to Regent's Business School London to study Accounting & Finance.

It have turned up a few questions in my mind about RBSL and the life in London. Would be pleased if anyone could answer those.

How is the atmosphere at RBSL?

Do you have to be very rich to fit in with other people?

How much is the cost of accommodation and what ares are good for students?

How much should I budget/month excl. rent?

Thanks on beforehand.

Best regards,

roatcid
Hi Roatcid,

I came across your post and I thought I'd give you my insight as a second year EBS, Regents University student also down the pathway of Finance as my major.

Regents University has a great, "family/ close" atmosphere with a stunning campus in the center of Regents Park in the heart of London. When you get on campus from either the main entrance or through the back gate you'll hear at least 3 or 4 different languages from students around the world. I speak English, French and am studying Spanish, but by being there I've also made many Russian, German and Italian friends which allows me to work on a couple phrases for each language! The classes are of about 10-20 students and most teachers will know you by name after only a couple of sessions which is very nice. Lecturers also have office hours on campus which will allow you to see them after or before classes.

You do not have to be rich to fit in with other people there. Regents University has many different schools under it's umbrella, and hence brings students from a wide range of backgrounds. To say you have to be rich is a myth. Many students take grants and scholarships to complete their studies so do not be fooled by appearances or rumors. You will find your friends who you click with at Regents.

Accommodation is always an adventure in London. As an International student you will have to pay normally 3-6 months upfront on your rent should you choose to rent a private apartment. I would always encourage that you share a flat to save on overall costs. Remember students do not pay council tax. If you don't know anyone who will be studying in London when you are I recommend you visit the Regents University website to see about accommodation on campus. The arriving students office can also help you with this. Staying on campus is a great way to make friends and/ or future flat mates! I have rented privately and I've stayed at a student accommodation called Paris Gardens, 9 minutes away by tube from Baker Street station - the station you'll be traveling to everyday!

Rent ratio's including bills:
- Studio Flat: 1000- 1800 GBP
- Shared Flat: 750 - 1400 GBP
- Accommodation: 900 - 1400 GBP

You will need a budget of:
- Transport (Student Oyster Card zone 1 and 2): 80 GBP
- Food (Groceries and eating out) 250-500 GBP (you can look at places online, most have menus, you can also do some grocery carts online to see what a weeks shop would cost you, this is normally £50 depending where you shop).
- Going out budget: this will depend on what you want to do, Beers cost £4 in a pub, going out will normally set you out £50-150.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Good luck!

Max
Original post by maxwellofuller
Hi Roatcid,

I came across your post and I thought I'd give you my insight as a second year EBS, Regents University student also down the pathway of Finance as my major.

Regents University has a great, "family/ close" atmosphere with a stunning campus in the center of Regents Park in the heart of London. When you get on campus from either the main entrance or through the back gate you'll hear at least 3 or 4 different languages from students around the world. I speak English, French and am studying Spanish, but by being there I've also made many Russian, German and Italian friends which allows me to work on a couple phrases for each language! The classes are of about 10-20 students and most teachers will know you by name after only a couple of sessions which is very nice. Lecturers also have office hours on campus which will allow you to see them after or before classes.

You do not have to be rich to fit in with other people there. Regents University has many different schools under it's umbrella, and hence brings students from a wide range of backgrounds. To say you have to be rich is a myth. Many students take grants and scholarships to complete their studies so do not be fooled by appearances or rumors. You will find your friends who you click with at Regents.

Accommodation is always an adventure in London. As an International student you will have to pay normally 3-6 months upfront on your rent should you choose to rent a private apartment. I would always encourage that you share a flat to save on overall costs. Remember students do not pay council tax. If you don't know anyone who will be studying in London when you are I recommend you visit the Regents University website to see about accommodation on campus. The arriving students office can also help you with this. Staying on campus is a great way to make friends and/ or future flat mates! I have rented privately and I've stayed at a student accommodation called Paris Gardens, 9 minutes away by tube from Baker Street station - the station you'll be traveling to everyday!

Rent ratio's including bills:
- Studio Flat: 1000- 1800 GBP
- Shared Flat: 750 - 1400 GBP
- Accommodation: 900 - 1400 GBP

You will need a budget of:
- Transport (Student Oyster Card zone 1 and 2): 80 GBP
- Food (Groceries and eating out) 250-500 GBP (you can look at places online, most have menus, you can also do some grocery carts online to see what a weeks shop would cost you, this is normally £50 depending where you shop).
- Going out budget: this will depend on what you want to do, Beers cost £4 in a pub, going out will normally set you out £50-150.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Good luck!

Max

Hi,
I am planning on booking a room at paris gardens residence for the next academic year. May I ask you if you enjoyed your stay there?
Thank you,
Pauline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending