The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Any mature students for lincoln?

Hey all

Im heading for Lincoln uni for my first year in September to study business and management. Im 24 and a so called "mature" student. I still enjoy crazy nights out and the messing about that us lads do.

Love to hear back from people on the same course and also I've chosen to stay at aquahouse so if anyone has any info on that it would be great.

Bring on September

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nath_T
Hey all

Im heading for Lincoln uni for my first year in September to study business and management. Im 24 and a so called "mature" student. I still enjoy crazy nights out and the messing about that us lads do.

Love to hear back from people on the same course and also I've chosen to stay at aquahouse so if anyone has any info on that it would be great.

Bring on September

Hello! I'll be 22 when I start and also a so called "mature" student haha. I'm going to be studying Animal Behaviour and Welfare and staying at Brayford Quays (hopefully.)
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Geo21
Hello! I'll be 22 when I start and also a so called "mature" student haha. I'm going to be studying Animal Behaviour and Welfare and staying at Brayford Quays (hopefully.)

That accommodation looks good, jesus we sound like an old couple, luckily us lads dont mature too quickly, im sure there will still be a few messy nights out.
Reply 3
Haha! I don't think anyone matures as quickly as they would hope :wink:. Yeah I'm certain that will happen no matter what age you are :smile:. Are you coming from far?
Reply 4
Original post by Geo21
Haha! I don't think anyone matures as quickly as they would hope :wink:. Yeah I'm certain that will happen no matter what age you are :smile:. Are you coming from far?

That's very true, yea I'm coming over from northern Ireland, I was living in England from 2007 until 2013 , can't wait to get back, what about yourself
Reply 5
Original post by Nath_T
That's very true, yea I'm coming over from northern Ireland, I was living in England from 2007 until 2013 , can't wait to get back, what about yourself

Pretty far then! I'm only coming from Sheffield so about an hour away from Lincoln. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Geo21
Pretty far then! I'm only coming from Sheffield so about an hour away from Lincoln. :smile:

Yea a good old distance, but it will be worth it I'm sure
Hey I'm a "mature" student at 24, will be studying Law in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by MickyMarsden
Hey I'm a "mature" student at 24, will be studying Law in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy days, I'm 24 too, which accommodation will you be staying in
I'm not, I live in Lincoln with my husband. A little terrified that I'm not going to fit in but hoping it's not going to be as scary as I'm building it up to be!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by MickyMarsden
I'm not, I live in Lincoln with my husband. A little terrified that I'm not going to fit in but hoping it's not going to be as scary as I'm building it up to be!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's perfect, Awk don't be silly you will be fine, I can't wait until September
hey :smile:
i will be 21 nearly 22 when i start soo its nice to know that there are some others that re in there twenties that still want to party lol x
Reply 12
Original post by Nath_T
Hey all

Bring on September

Hi! I'm a second year Business Studies student @ Lincoln. We only do one module different to you in the first year so if you have any questions or looking to buy your textbooks then give us a holla :

As for being a 'mature' student, I really don't think it matters. I'm 19 going on 20 but I'm friends with people who 21 and 30. From my experience, they party just as hard if not harder!

I found a few of the older students tend to be better to work with and are nicer as they have had a few years out from education!

Hope you enjoy Lincoln :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by aharis
Hi! I'm a second year Business Studies student @ Lincoln. We only do one module different to you in the first year so if you have any questions or looking to buy your textbooks then give us a holla :

As for being a 'mature' student, I really don't think it matters. I'm 19 going on 20 but I'm friends with people who 21 and 30. From my experience, they party just as hard if not harder!

I found a few of the older students tend to be better to work with and are nicer as they have had a few years out from education!

Hope you enjoy Lincoln :smile:

Hey that's great, how do you find your degree so far? I was originally for doing a science based degree, like forensic science or some sort of chemistry based degree, I studied science for my alevels and have not done any business related learning since gcse level, so yea a huge direction change in course, just hope I can keep up with all the young guns who studied business at a-levels.

Oh there's still alot of party left in me, I haven't properly been on a night out in ages except for the odd wee bar.

How do you find Lincoln? You enjoying it?
Reply 14
Original post by Nath_T
Hey that's great, how do you find your degree so far? I was originally for doing a science based degree, like forensic science or some sort of chemistry based degree, I studied science for my alevels and have not done any business related learning since gcse level, so yea a huge direction change in course, just hope I can keep up with all the young guns who studied business at a-levels.

Oh there's still alot of party left in me, I haven't properly been on a night out in ages except for the odd wee bar.

How do you find Lincoln? You enjoying it?

I really enjoy my degree. I did business at A Level and GCSE so I knew a fair bit before I started.

First year is pretty much teaching you everything from scratch. I know people who have done completely different a levels like yourself, and have flown through this year. I think if you get yourself involved, try your best and have an interest then you will be perfectly fine.

You will find there are some older people on the course, if us young ones get a little annoying. I've friends with a lady who has two kids, her own business and decided to come to uni for the fun of. There are loads of different people doing Business courses.

I personally love Lincoln. I think it definitely is the uni and the place for me to be. Everything is in walking distance and there is no need to catch a bus or anything to get where you want to go. The only thing is the supermarket is quite far out but I tend to shop around on the High Street and go to the fruit and veg market so it's cheaper anyway :smile:
Reply 15
That's good very glad to hear it. When I turned 17 I joined the army as an infantry soldier and left last year so just adapting to the whole civilian way of things.

I live in Northern Ireland so I just need to book my flights and that's me sorted. I lived in Shropshire for 6 years and cant wait to return to England.

Whats the possibility of a part time job while studying, how many days / hours are you in uni a week.

Yea I was looking on google maps at the location and it looks like a nice spot to me, also everything within walking distance just makes it ideal.
I'm gonna out mature the lot of you at 37 (but may I add can still party like a good un lol) going to be studying criminology :-)
Reply 17
Original post by Nath_T
That's good very glad to hear it. When I turned 17 I joined the army as an infantry soldier and left last year so just adapting to the whole civilian way of things.

I live in Northern Ireland so I just need to book my flights and that's me sorted. I lived in Shropshire for 6 years and cant wait to return to England.

Whats the possibility of a part time job while studying, how many days / hours are you in uni a week.

Yea I was looking on google maps at the location and it looks like a nice spot to me, also everything within walking distance just makes it ideal.

You have 4 hours of long lectures, and 4 hours of seminars a week and the occasionall extra one so you should be able to hold down a part time job while studying

Everything is so close together and you are within a mile of everything!
Reply 18
Oh sounds handy enough, I've applied for a few jobs and now just waiting for interviews. Ive also applied to re-join the army as a reserve which I just got through successful this morning and now I just need to choose which unit to go to.

A few extra pound for the double vodka redbull fund is critical.
Reply 19
Original post by Alibabba1977
I'm gonna out mature the lot of you at 37 (but may I add can still party like a good un lol) going to be studying criminology :-)

Well we all say mature until we are on nights out then dear god the whole "mature" word goes out the window. Awk 37 sure that's still young, show us younger folk how yous older ones party lol

Quick Reply

Latest