The Student Room Group

Aren't people who eat from high-street fast food shops a bit disgusting?

Most of the people behind the counter and not trustworthy, they probably mistreat the food and half of them look like they've been dipped in chip fat.

They're so greasy, the tacky customers don't do any favours either, neither does the grubby, dirty food with the word halal written everywhere like it means something??:confused:

I'd never order from there, especially the unknown crappy ones like Chicken Cottage, PFC, Roosters, Dallas. KFC/McDonalds can be trusted more so I believe, but it's still disgusting, these shops should be closed down along with bookies, way too many.

Scroll to see replies

Agreed, I personally find the influx of local chicken n chips shops in London to be disgusting.
The smells,the pollution and the undesirables that consume such rubbish I mean,ugh disgusting.
I say every fast food joint should be within a quarter of a mile radius from each other and we should also make fast food owners pay more taxes
Fast food must be banned from public transport and any one seen eating and dumping in such place must pay a heavy fine
Reply 2
Chicken Cottage is really nice tho
Reply 3
Original post by CryptoidAlien
KFC/McDonalds can be trusted more so I believe

Disagree.
Reply 4
They should close down 90% of these crusty Indian restaurants in London. Why do we need a mirch masala, a spice village, 2 punjabi karahis on the same road?????????????????????????
Reply 5
Original post by CryptoidAlien
these shops should be closed down along with bookies, way too many.

Agree.
I don't eat from them, don't trust them
Original post by RicktRoll
They should close down 90% of these crusty Indian restaurants in London. Why do we need a mirch masala, a spice village, 2 punjabi karahis on the same road?????????????????????????

Because Indian food is lush
Reply 8
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I don't eat from them, don't trust them

Oh is it the anxiety that leads you to have trust issues?
Reply 9
They're mainly targeted at teens during the day and drunks at night (which is why a lot of these shops are based near schools and colleges or near pubs) because the price is convenient for these people and they're not too concerned about the conditions.
I agree that some of these places are unattractive, but the race of the workers shouldn't affect you unless you'd like to admit that you are a racist. You also seem very snobbish and stuck up, and not very considerate of the fact that those workers suffer from an incredible amount of verbal abuse from teens and drunks as it is, yet they continue to work there and treat customers with respect because that's just what they have to do to earn their living.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RicktRoll
Oh is it the anxiety that leads you to have trust issues?

To some extent, I have an anxiety about food and I hardly ever eat out because I dont trust the food. I'm a very picky eater
There's 3 chicken and chip shops in a row near me. Seriously guys, you couldn't have thought to space them out a bit?
Some disgusting people just happen to eat fast-food, but that doesn't make fast-food disgusting:

Original post by InsertWittyName
There's 3 chicken and chip shops in a row near me. Seriously guys, you couldn't have thought to space them out a bit?

The whole point is not to space them out; each shop knows there is a good footfall in the other shops, so they set up next to each other to try and steal each other's customers. They know where the customers are who already buy similar food to what the next/new company is offering.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most fast food chains don't actually offer any food, just chemicals.
My parents don't really let me have fast food much.
Reply 16
but fried chicken is so damn good!
Reply 17
I love Chicken Cottage, Dixi fried chicken, Dallas fried chicken and occasionally KFC (if everywhere else is closed). I also frequently buy a burger and chips meal from a local fast food joint, and sometimes things like lamb and chicken donor from another place. I love fast food. I don't care that it's dirty, it's not going to kill you. Worst thing that can happen would be if you ate contaminated food, big deal. Love fast food, love fat greasy chips, love chicken burgers. Brain food.
I think there's several aspects here. Firstly, it could be dodgy to let someone else prepare food for you. But then if something happens to you it reflects badly on the business, especially if it's a small sole trader. McDonald's didn't suffer because that one guy ejaculated onto a burger, but I bet that at a smaller business it would screw them over.
Original post by Pectorac
The whole point is not to space them out; each shop knows there is a good footfall in the other shops, so they set up next to each other to try and steal each other's customers. They know where the customers are who already buy similar food to what the next/new company is offering.

Fair enough, that makes sense. They end up undercutting each others prices to the point where none of them I think are really are making much profit, though, so no one wins.

Except me.

All those wings for a pound:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending