The Student Room Group

Children's nursing KCL hepatitis b vaccine

Hi
I have an unconditional offer from Kings to start in Sept. 14 and currently doing my occupational health questionnaire etc. I'm trying to book an appointment to get my hepatitis B vaccine but my local doctors said they can't just give them out anymore and they need documentary evidence from O.H to confirm why i fully need it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? I've emailed the uni but no response yet.

Any help would be great and anyone else starting in Sept ?

Thank you
Original post by gracer2702
Hi
I have an unconditional offer from Kings to start in Sept. 14 and currently doing my occupational health questionnaire etc. I'm trying to book an appointment to get my hepatitis B vaccine but my local doctors said they can't just give them out anymore and they need documentary evidence from O.H to confirm why i fully need it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? I've emailed the uni but no response yet.

Thank you

Do you have an offer letter? Is that not sufficient enough?
If you cant get it at your doctor I wouldn't worry too much as usually the university o.h department will sort that out for you. As some doctors also charge for the hep b at around £30 each injection whereas its part of your course at uni and will be free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by deviant182
Do you have an offer letter? Is that not sufficient enough?
If you cant get it at your doctor I wouldn't worry too much as usually the university o.h department will sort that out for you. As some doctors also charge for the hep b at around £30 each injection whereas its part of your course at uni and will be free.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I offered them a letter which confirms my place but they said this isn't enough they need something to say I'll be getting a full risk assessment. I've found something that might work! But if not I'll just wait until sept. Thank you for your help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by gracer2702
Hi

Thank you

Wait until you get to uni as the Hep B vaccine is three injections over a few weeks. They usually sort out all your immunisations for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm enrolling on a health course at KCL too and had my first dose today. My 3rd and hopefully final dose will be in January, so I;m guessing just one or two doses is sufficient for you to start the course?
Also I need the BCG as our school year was missed out in our school. Is there any chance this can be done with my local GP, as I was missed out, and also it'll save me two trips up to London only 72 hours apart!?

Quick Reply