The Student Room Group

Can you change A Levels

Hi all,

I have chose the A levels I wish to take, but have now realised I need to change 1 of them again I wish to change English to Chemistry but its not a strong subject for me and I need it for the career path I want to go down which it the Veterinary route.

My chose A Levels are: Maths, Biology, Physics & English.

I have taken my GCSE's and I'm pretty sure I have bagged an A in biology & Physics 'BUT' hashed up in Chemistry and may only get a 'C'.

My questions is for example: If I have achieved A Physics, A Biology and C Chemistry, that I think would average out as BB. As I need a B minimum to take A Level Chemistry, would they allow it as an average of the 3 sciences or each science on its own merit?

Sorry its long winded guys but I really hope some of you can give me an idea. Thanks in advance.

Gary
Reply 1
It will be each on its own merit if you've taken separate sciences, although given they probably take people onto the course with the dual science award that may well be in the same position as you I think there's room to haggle. There's also the bonus that GCSE chemistry doesn't really have much relevance to AS so i'd give it a go trying to talk them round. Make sure you tell them your career plans too as they will see the reasoning. It's ultimately down to the school though.

Quick Reply

Latest