The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

People with offers from Swansea - how long do you have to reply?
Reply 441
Until the UCAS deadline, which depends on when you receive all your decisions by.

If you're on the waiting list: most will probably decide come mid-April, after Notts' offers are released, and another lot come June/July when degree results are released.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks Zorg! That makes sense.
Reply 443
Original post by ell365
I'd love to know how many are on the waiting list and how many they've rejected. Is there any way of getting that information for this year or previous years?

The FB page is the best bet, they announced that information on it last year. It seems they had a wait list of 60 last year.
Reply 444
Should we expect an email to say we are on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Men
Should we expect an email to say we are on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm I don't think so, I think for the moment no news is good news! I think they just send out offers and rejections in batches and then let you know after the may deadline if you still remain on the waiting list, other than that I they'll update their FB page whenever they make any offers (notice the numerous 'i thinks')
I've just had an email from Swansea GEM to say that, although I was not among the initial 72 offers, I may still be made an offer depending on how many people decline their offers! Has anyone else heard anything good or bad?
Original post by Jane1296
I've just had an email from Swansea GEM to say that, although I was not among the initial 72 offers, I may still be made an offer depending on how many people decline their offers! Has anyone else heard anything good or bad?

I just had this email as well! When I saw the subject I was like 'well this is a rejection then', thankfully it wasn't!
Original post by amyyy24
I just had this email as well! When I saw the subject I was like 'well this is a rejection then', thankfully it wasn't!

I had the email too. And also thought 'rejection'! Good luck guys :smile:
Reply 449
Yeah I got the email too! I was panicking that it was a rejection!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Men
Yeah I got the email too! I was panicking that it was a rejection!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha likewise!! Official waiting list group..looks like its going to be a long one. Also looks like I was wrong about expecting an email! Nice of them to inform us.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an offer elsewhere. Does anyone know when we have to reject any offers by to remain on the wait list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrHassan
I have an offer elsewhere. Does anyone know when we have to reject any offers by to remain on the wait list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, the UCAS deadline in the middle of May is your deadline to accept/reject offers elsewhere, so dont worry about feeling pressure to do so if swansea is your first choice (also congrats on your other offer!)
Thank you. Anticipating Swansea will have some withdrawls once Notts and to a lesser extent Warwick hand out offers. What a rollercoaster. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 454
Original post by DrHassan
Thank you. Anticipating Swansea will have some withdrawls once Notts and to a lesser extent Warwick hand out offers. What a rollercoaster. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone has their own deadline set by UCAS dictated by when you receive all your decisions by. The majority of these are in May I believe.

I'd anticipate a little bit of movement in April, when Notts release offers, but the largest movement will be deadline time.
Its nice to hear I wasnt the only one who had a heart attack thinking the email today was a rejection letter!!!

Does anyone know 1) roughly how many people are kept on the waiting list at this point? 2) whether people are removed from the waiting list, i.e shorten the waiting list after all ucas deadlines etc? 3) How many offers typically go out to people on the waiting list?

Just nice to have some idea of percentages/chance! Its nice they said on the email they thought we were good enough to study there... or a little bit heart breaking at the same time...

Any info on waiting list numbers/offers would be great. Otherwise well done everyone with offers and good luck to the fellow waiting listers...
Original post by whitelessflannel
Its nice to hear I wasnt the only one who had a heart attack thinking the email today was a rejection letter!!!

Does anyone know 1) roughly how many people are kept on the waiting list at this point? 2) whether people are removed from the waiting list, i.e shorten the waiting list after all ucas deadlines etc? 3) How many offers typically go out to people on the waiting list?

Just nice to have some idea of percentages/chance! Its nice they said on the email they thought we were good enough to study there... or a little bit heart breaking at the same time...

Any info on waiting list numbers/offers would be great. Otherwise well done everyone with offers and good luck to the fellow waiting listers...

There will be as many people, give or take, on the waiting list as there are 'unclaimed' offers, so around 70ish..figures from last year suggest that around 4 people were left on the waiting list by september without an offer, but they do it in batches so they will reject the people at the bottom end of the waiting list and give offers to people at the top at various points

So at this stage I think its impossible to predict, but we will have a better idea around April/May when notts offers are sent out and more people accept/reject offers.

I'm so bored of the waiting already! (though definitely not the worst position to be in at the same time so also grateful!)
33 acceptances for swansea GEP. That only leaves 39 unconfirmed places. Fingers crossed...
Does anyone remember exactly what we were told at interview about how the admissions staff will contact us in the event of a place being offered to one of us on the waiting list after the official UCAS deadline and how much time we have in which to accept that place? I'm going on holiday somewhere with no mobile phone reception!!
From memory I think they call us individually. The email says they will contact us direct - and I think most of the offers that have been given out already were done by 'phone call then followed up by tracking on UCAS. I'm not sure how long we have to accept in these circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending