The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by RM12345
793/24= 33
33 days before the 21st of December, brings you to the 19th of Nov.

So please do tell what is so infuriating about this post Zorg?

This thread is pretty dug in, you need to look around a fair bit to find it and you went to the effort of calculating the numbers I gave. Both of which show you are a reasonably resourceful individual. So why exactly you can't use the search function when this topic is being discussed in three different threads on TSR and a quick Google search will show you it's also being discussed on three different message boards is beyond me.

But the main thing I've always found annoying, and you're not the only one guilty of this, is that really insincere thanks and smiley face. Hence the departing comment in the last post.
Original post by Zorg
This thread is pretty dug in, you need to look around a fair bit to find it and you went to the effort of calculating the numbers I gave. Both of which show you are a reasonably resourceful individual. So why exactly you can't use the search function when this topic is being discussed in three different threads on TSR and a quick Google search will show you it's also being discussed on three different message boards is beyond me.

But the main thing I've always found annoying, and you're not the only one guilty of this, is that really insincere thanks and smiley face. Hence the departing comment in the last post.

Well aren't you a barrel of laughs! Not need to be so harsh in my opinion. Everyone is worried and stressed.
Reply 82
Original post by HCAssistant93
Well aren't you a barrel of laughs! Not need to be so harsh in my opinion. Everyone is worried and stressed.

Because stress and worry are fantastic excuses.
Original post by Zorg
Because stress and worry are fantastic excuses.

Ok well clearly you're a pleasant person. Don't think it's necessary to be so rude to people. You don't have to respond if you don't want to so you chose to behave like that. But like I said, you obviously are a lovely person
Reply 84
Original post by HCAssistant93
Ok well clearly you're a pleasant person. Don't think it's necessary to be so rude to people. You don't have to respond if you don't want to so you chose to behave like that. But like I said, you obviously are a lovely person

There is a difference between being blunt and being rude. But by all means carry on inferring all manner of conclusions on my character on the basis of a forum post. Which incidentally detracts from my original point, what a marvellous example of an ad hominem.
Reply 85
I think the error was actually mine in not having updated the first post with an FAQ section. After all, it can be difficult to find information when it's spread across lots of threads.

I'll update it straight away.

Are there any further questions anyone thinks could be added to the FAQ section? I would like us all to help shape it.
Reply 86
Hello everyone,

I have updated the first post with an FAQ section. I have answered the first two questions as a preliminary but would appreciate your feedback on the content. If you would like to add information or feel some advice is inaccurate then please either post on the thread or contact me by personal message - whichever is more comfortable. I would like the thread to have been written by applicants for applicants, and aggregate the information everyone has pieced together from their own research. My own knowledge is largely limited so please do get in touch so we can keep the thread as informed as possible!

MiloMilo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
64 gamsat average 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Does anyone know the GAMSAT cut off for last year? also do swansea multiply section three by two or not to work out your overall mark?
The section has been multiplied itself in the average, but yeah I was wondering about last years minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ceciafb
Does anyone know the GAMSAT cut off for last year? also do swansea multiply section three by two or not to work out your overall mark?

Original post by Rosser1994
The section has been multiplied itself in the average, but yeah I was wondering about last years minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think last year's cut off was 58, if I remember correctly from my research pre-application!
Original post by buttoned.up
Think last year's cut off was 58, if I remember correctly from my research pre-application!

So 64 should be fine then?
How'd you do?

Btw no one else seems to know ImageUploadedByStudent Room1416386567.464458.jpg

Does that table mean that we can apply this year, but if we want to apply next year we have to resit the test? But then we can use this gamsat result for the year after that?

Either that or the table is ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
How'd you do?

Does that table mean that we can apply this year, but if we want to apply next year we have to resit the test? But then we can use this gamsat result for the year after that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Table must be wrong, surely? GAMSAT is valid for two years... Two subsequent years. Anything else would be illogical.
Reply 93
Table is messed up. My result is valid for last years application and this years. I suspect someone has confused themself as you sit the exam in 2013 for entry on courses starting in 2014 and 2015 but application cycles starting in 2013 and 2014.
Reply 94
How'd you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure it is a range from 2015-17 and they are saving room by not adding an extra column.
How'd you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got 60 so pretty happy! Now for the waiting game for Swansea's cut off!
Reply 96
Surely they've messed up the table? How strange! I was so shocked at my score as thought I'd scrape 50 but ended up with 63! Wish they didnt double the last section though as otherwise I'd have 65..feel silly for not applying to nottingham as my UKCAT is in no way competitive! :frown:
Original post by ceciafb
Surely they've messed up the table? How strange! I was so shocked at my score as thought I'd scrape 50 but ended up with 63! Wish they didnt double the last section though as otherwise I'd have 65..feel silly for not applying to nottingham as my UKCAT is in no way competitive! :frown:

Well seeing Nottingham just sent out the email saying the cut off is 61 this year think you have a chance. I got bang on 61 so your more competitive than me if that helps any? :tongue:
Reply 98
Original post by TranquilRawr
Well seeing Nottingham just sent out the email saying the cut off is 61 this year think you have a chance. I got bang on 61 so your more competitive than me if that helps any? :tongue:

But I didnt apply to nottingham because I was so worried my section 3 would be rubbish :frown: well an interview is an interview and a med school is a med school right :biggrin: just thinking that it appears my most unrealistic choice is southampton 5 year which i chose for my back up rather than choosing 3 GAMSAT unis so now I feel like a foool!
Reply 99
Original post by TranquilRawr

Also anything above the cut off is still legit so congratulations!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending