The Student Room Group

Courses and social status

So I'm supposedly going to uni in September(If I get the grades) and I was wondering; does the course you study have any effect on your social level? i.e. if you do maths, engineering, science are you seen to be "nerdy" or what? Or do people not really care when it comes to this stuff? Just something I was interested about.
I do Maths, and the general reaction to me telling people what I do is a bit like "Wow I couldn't do that!" but I don't think people really care that much. I wouldn't want people to see me as nerdy, I'm no genius! :tongue:
Reply 2
no people don't really care
Reply 3
Nobody cares. Nobody will speak to you. You will sit in your room, ****ing and crying. They will sit in their rooms, ****ing and crying.
Yeah once you get to uni most of the bull**** social status stuff goes away. So long as you get along well with other people and are sociable no one will give a **** what course you are doing.
I doubt people would care. You'd expect people at uni to be more mature than that. The atmosphere at mine was far better than school or college.
I expect all the school / college chewing gum chavs get filtered out before uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending