The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

When should I find out about my accommodation if I have a conditional offer?

So I have a conditional offer for primary education with maths and was wondering when I'll find out about accommodation. I seem to remember reading that they don't start processing accommodation until conditional has changed to unconditional? Is this right? So roughly when should I find out (assuming that I get the grades needed!)? I'm just wondering because I know that the moving in date varies depending on the hall and as a student from the channel islands I'll need to book a boat over and I'm hoping that it's not left too late before I'm told! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren___e
So I have a conditional offer for primary education with maths and was wondering when I'll find out about accommodation. I seem to remember reading that they don't start processing accommodation until conditional has changed to unconditional? Is this right? So roughly when should I find out (assuming that I get the grades needed!)? I'm just wondering because I know that the moving in date varies depending on the hall and as a student from the channel islands I'll need to book a boat over and I'm hoping that it's not left too late before I'm told! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will know a couple of days after results day (when it does indeed change from conditional to unconditional) so you will have plenty of notice :smile:

Well that's what happened last year to me, im assuming the same for the new first years :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Posted from TSR Mobile

**Please note, this account is being used by Student Ambassadors at the University of Reading**

Hiya!
I saw your question and thought it might be easiest to ask the accommodation team, this is their response:
Once a student’s course status turns unconditional we are able to make them an offer of accommodation. How quickly this happens can depend on the time of year; for example at the moment we have large volumes of students who are turning unconditional and as such this process can take longer than usual. In general we ask our students to be patient and let us know if they have not received an accommodation offer within 1 week of their unconditional offer.
So it's just after you get your results :smile: I hope that helps a bit!
P.S. my friend did Primary Education and she loved it. An excellent choice.
Anja :smile:
English Lit and International Relations
Reply 3
Original post by UniofReading - Phil
**Please note, this account is being used by Student Ambassadors at the University of Reading**

Hiya!
I saw your question and thought it might be easiest to ask the accommodation team, this is their response:
Once a student’s course status turns unconditional we are able to make them an offer of accommodation. How quickly this happens can depend on the time of year; for example at the moment we have large volumes of students who are turning unconditional and as such this process can take longer than usual. In general we ask our students to be patient and let us know if they have not received an accommodation offer within 1 week of their unconditional offer.
So it's just after you get your results :smile: I hope that helps a bit!
P.S. my friend did Primary Education and she loved it. An excellent choice.
Anja :smile:
English Lit and International Relations

Thank you! Do you know if I will get told my moving in date as soon as I get my accommodation offer or does that get arranged separately?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Do you know if I will get told my moving in date as soon as I get my accommodation offer or does that get arranged separately?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya! I believe it is the same time, but just to be safe you might want to email accommodation at [email protected] k. They can give you a more definite answer! :smile:
Anja

Quick Reply

Latest