The Student Room Group

btec problem

i want to do either mechanical or chemiccal engineering and i want to know if i can do a level maths and extended buisness btec level 3 to get in to the course
Original post by donyo
i want to do either mechanical or chemiccal engineering and i want to know if i can do a level maths and extended buisness btec level 3 to get in to the course

Moved to engineering for you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do an Engineering BTEC.
Hi there. So in short the answer to your question is yes you can do both courses if you wish but it is more work on your back. Now for the confusing bit, i would recommend that you only do a BTEC in the desired engineering sector as essentially from the extended diploma, which i have just completed myself, you gain 3 A levels equivalent in Mechanical maths, mechanical physics and engineering. I hope you make the right decision for yourself and good luck!
i did a level 3 applied science btec and im starting a foundation year for engineering. for entry onto the first year the unis wanted alevel chemistry and maths alongside my D*D*D* BTEC. email the unis to see what they think and include a full list of all the units you will be taking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending