The Student Room Group

Guys, would you have sex with a girl who has discharge?

I haven't had sex for almost 2 years since I started getting this profuse vaginal discharge which is thick and yellow and has a distinctive smell. I've been tested for everything under the sun several times but it's been found I'm completely infectionless and it's just a hormone imbalance, and the only way to get rid of it is to take a pill that I know makes me break out in hundreds of horrid greasy spots. I feel too embarrassed about it to let anyone go near there but I don't know whether it will ever end. Would you be put off by it?
Hey I'm sorry I'm a girl so I can't comment on whether or not I'd sleep with you.
But I just wanted to see what kinds of options you have tried/ exhausted.
Perhaps a different type of pill or hormonal both control method wouldn't give you the spots? Or you could try eliminating certain things from your diet and seeing if that changes anything?
I read about a woman once who suffered from this condition that basically caused her to smell really fishy and when she went on a raw food diet it completely went away. Not that you would necessarily need to change your diet so drastically it was just an example. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I'm sorry I'm a girl so I can't comment on whether or not I'd sleep with you.
But I just wanted to see what kinds of options you have tried/ exhausted.
Perhaps a different type of pill or hormonal both control method wouldn't give you the spots? Or you could try eliminating certain things from your diet and seeing if that changes anything?
I read about a woman once who suffered from this condition that basically caused her to smell really fishy and when she went on a raw food diet it completely went away. Not that you would necessarily need to change your diet so drastically it was just an example. :smile:

Well I talked to my gynacologist and he basically said I have way too much oestrogen (don't know why my boobs aren't big then!) so the only way to get rid of it is by taking a progestogen-only pill to lower my oestrogen levels. But I'm on Dianette at the moment because my spots were already horrendous when I wasn't on anything, so I can't imagine how they'll be when on the POP. He didn't mention anything about diet though, although I have recently gone semi-vegan (no meat, fish or milk, but I still eat butter, eggs, cake, etc.) and if anything the discharge has got worse. Do you think there's anything I can do to my diet to reduce my oestrogen?

Thanks for your reply btw :smile:
What's discharge?

Is that like pre cum for girls or..?

If so probably, if its something else maybe not.
Reply 4
Go back to eating meat and milk if not eating them has made it worse?
Reply 5
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
What's discharge?

Well it comes out whether you're turned on or not so not really?

Original post by james1211
Go back to eating meat and milk if not eating them has made it worse?

Well I didn't give them up because of the discharge problem, and the discharge was still pretty bad whilst eating them anyway. But I just found out that soy (the only replacement I've been using) is oestrogenic and that's probably why it's got worse. :frown: The dilemmas!!
Have you tried a mixture of tea tree oil and water to wash yourself with? It helped get rid of my problem which was sort of the same as yours. If you find that you have too much discharge and it's uncomfortable try wearing panty liners every day? Always Dailies are good and if you get the scented ones you can't smell anything.
My ex used to have a pretty profuse vaginal discharge, wouldn't say it would put me off and as you have already said its completely harmless.
No, sorry.
Hey, how do you know that the pill will make you break out in spots?! I think you should at least try it. Before I went on the (combined) pill I read hundreds of scare stories about moodswings, gaining weight etc - but I was absolutely fine afterwards. My friend is on the POP and she hasn't had any side effects either. Plus, as you seem to be interested in having sex soon, being on the pill will come in mighty handy :wink:
Have you tried a mixture of tea tree oil and water to wash yourself with? It helped get rid of my problem which was sort of the same as yours. If you find that you have too much discharge and it's uncomfortable try wearing panty liners every day? Always Dailies are good and if you get the scented ones you can't smell anything.

No I haven't tried that, thanks for the tip! (And I do often wear pantyliners but I can't wear them for sex :frown: )

Original post by tnetennba
Hey, how do you know that the pill will make you break out in spots?! I think you should at least try it. Before I went on the (combined) pill I read hundreds of scare stories about moodswings, gaining weight etc - but I was absolutely fine afterwards. My friend is on the POP and she hasn't had any side effects either. Plus, as you seem to be interested in having sex soon, being on the pill will come in mighty handy :wink:

I have taken the POP before so I know it gives me spots :P That's the reason I stopped taking it and went onto the combined pill, which then triggered this horrid discharge which won't even go away after not taking a pill for a year and a half :/ Sometimes the scare stories are true!
No I haven't tried that, thanks for the tip! (And I do often wear pantyliners but I can't wear them for sex :frown: )

I have taken the POP before so I know it gives me spots :P That's the reason I stopped taking it and went onto the combined pill, which then triggered this horrid discharge which won't even go away after not taking a pill for a year and a half :/ Sometimes the scare stories are true!

Have you tried the hormonal coil? It uses progesterone but tends to have less side effects because the hormones are localised.
Well I talked to my gynacologist and he basically said I have way too much oestrogen (don't know why my boobs aren't big then!) so the only way to get rid of it is by taking a progestogen-only pill to lower my oestrogen levels. But I'm on Dianette at the moment because my spots were already horrendous when I wasn't on anything, so I can't imagine how they'll be when on the POP. He didn't mention anything about diet though, although I have recently gone semi-vegan (no meat, fish or milk, but I still eat butter, eggs, cake, etc.) and if anything the discharge has got worse. Do you think there's anything I can do to my diet to reduce my oestrogen?

How did you find the Dianette for your acne if you don't mind me asking? And when did you see results? I'm currently at the end of month 2 and my skins looking rubbish, however i've heard such great things about month 3! :smile:
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
What's discharge?

It kind of acts as a way of cleaning out the system. Girls get it even when they're not sexually aroused.
Only if it was a conditional discharge......
If your in a happy loving relationship then he shouldn't really care, aslong as it doesn't smell really foul and your as clean as you can be then why should he not.
I wouldn't mind if my man had a similar problem, I suppose us females are more understanding 😒
Reply 16

I don't think diet would have anything to do with it.
If it were me personally I would get a second opinion about your options. I'm sure there is something out there that would help the problem.
Just before sex go to the bathroom and have a sink wash? Nothing wrong with that!

Quick Reply

Latest