The Student Room Group

Confused over UCAS application

I'm moving sixth forms, I've completed Year 12 and now I'm moving to another sixth form for Year 13.

The college I'm hoping to move to (If I get the entry requirements from AS) has already started their UCAS application and they have a buzzword? I'm not sure what it is... I think it was a password and it links to the sixth form? I hope that makes sense to somebody...

However, I don't know the buzzword, the people I know from the sixth form can't remember it either. Also, I'm uncertain as to whether my college has a buzzword (I was ill at the end of term and missed the days where they started it)

I don't know where I'll be for Year 13, but I think I'm supposed to start the application now along with everybody else either way. The buzzword links to the sixth form (I believe) so I have no idea which one to use, or can I start an application without one, or would that be bad?

Thanks for any help!:o: :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by chelseajanett
I'm moving sixth forms, I've completed Year 12 and now I'm moving to another sixth form for Year 13.

The college I'm hoping to move to (If I get the entry requirements from AS) has already started their UCAS application and they have a buzzword? I'm not sure what it is... I think it was a password and it links to the sixth form? I hope that makes sense to somebody...

However, I don't know the buzzword, the people I know from the sixth form can't remember it either. Also, I'm uncertain as to whether my college has a buzzword (I was ill at the end of term and missed the days where they started it)

I don't know where I'll be for Year 13, but I think I'm supposed to start the application now along with everybody else either way. The buzzword links to the sixth form (I believe) so I have no idea which one to use, or can I start an application without one, or would that be bad?

Thanks for any help!:o: :biggrin:

Contact both directly to get the details and ask which to use. As you're starting uni next year and you'll be at your new sixth form when completing your application i'd use the new establishment's buzzword

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, I would just wait and see where you end up. You're not going to be at a disadvantage if you haven't got your application underway. Work on your personal statement regardless and open up your application when you figure out where you're going.

I don't believe you're supposed to open an application without attaching it to your college (via the buzzword). So just wait.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Honestly, I would just wait and see where you end up. You're not going to be at a disadvantage if you haven't got your application underway. Work on your personal statement regardless and open up your application when you figure out where you're going.

I don't believe you're supposed to open an application without attaching it to your college (via the buzzword). So just wait.

This.

You're school will give you the buzzword if you're applying through them so as long as you go to them at the start of the next year, you can easily set up your ucas application but in the mean time it'll probably be better to start your PS on word anyways and start thinking about course and uni choices
Reply 4
You have plenty of time when you start Year 13 in September, unless of course the deadline is October

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending