The Student Room Group

AS-Level Choices Advice

Hi,

I'm about to start Y11 and it's getting to the time to think about AS-Levels. My predicted grades range from A*-B and I'm currently working at an A in most subjects in the goal of becoming a primary teacher. For AS I'm pretty decided on:

- English Literature
- Geography
- Psychology

However for my final option I'm undecided between Law and Computer Science. Law sounds interesting to me however many people say it's a lot of work, waste of time etc! I currently do GCSE CS in Python, which the AS course is in, however I find it challenging, but rewarding, I'm a bit like a yo-yo with my emotions regarding the subject and I'd worry I'd be a bit isolated in a mainly male group, I know that's not too important but still, it's a really hard maths based subject (my weak spot!) What would give me the best balance considering the other 3?
Reply 1
Any ideas what you want to do after college/sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jkizer
Any ideas what you want to do after college/sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Primary teaching. :smile:
Reply 3
I don't think it matters really, just choose what you think you will enjoy most. Definitely keep English Lit and Geography though. If you choose one and decide you don't like it, you can always switch subjects in the first few weeks of sixth form as well. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rmlgud
I don't think it matters really, just choose what you think you will enjoy most. Definitely keep English Lit and Geography though. If you choose one and decide you don't like it, you can always switch subjects in the first few weeks of sixth form as well. :smile:

Thanks, at least I have a while to think about which one I'd enjoy most. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest