The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I mentioned Mary Wollstonecrafts "The Vindication of the rights of woman" due to my interest in early roots of feminism. Try relating your interest to your statement.
Reply 21
:redface:
M_Jenkins
I mentioned Mary Wollstonecrafts "The Vindication of the rights of woman" due to my interest in early roots of feminism. Try relating your interest to your statement.

just out of interest, did you read wollstonecraft and become interested in fem, or were you interested in fem and subsequently read good ol' mary? And secondly, did you use vindications as a lit. text in itself, or in relation to some other texts you had read which concerned early womens suffrage(and if so, which were they??)
thanks
:confused: :cool:
Reply 22
I was interested in feminism in general but I wasn't really sure on how to start researching the literature. It wasn't until I read Frankenstein and got some info from my English teacher did I first read Maria, or the Wrongs of Woman then Vindications before moving on to people like Virginia Woolf and Slyvia Plath just for personal interest overall. :smile:
Reply 23
mally06
thing is my grandfather and both my great grandfathers have written a lot of poetry and prose and were all acclaimed writers

Cool! I come from a literary family too - decendant of Sir Walter Scott, Captain Marriot (who wrote Children of the New Forest) and Tennyson (by marriage).

Latest

Trending

Trending