The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull applicants 2014

Hi, hopefully i'll be going to Hull in September. I've applied for Combined Languages and i'll be staying in Taylor Courts. I was just wondering what everyone else has applied for and where they'll be - it'd be nice to know some faces before I go! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by k.chadwick
Hi, hopefully i'll be going to Hull in September. I've applied for Combined Languages and i'll be staying in Taylor Courts. I was just wondering what everyone else has applied for and where they'll be - it'd be nice to know some faces before I go! :smile:

There is already a thread for 2014 applicants
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I've applied to Hull Uni as well wanting to study Psychology :smile: I'm staying at Lambert Hall at the Lawns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by k.chadwick

Hi, I'm going to Hull in September and staying in Taylor Court but I'm doing Law with Criminology :smile:
Hey, l'm going in September as well :smile: I'm studying Criminology and l'll be staying at the Lawns in Lambert Hall
Reply 5
Original post by GingerJoker09
Hey, l'm going in September as well :smile: I'm studying Criminology and l'll be staying at the Lawns in Lambert Hall

Woo! Congratulations :biggrin: We're bound to cross paths then! I'm proper worried that I'm just going to be a loner ahaha :')
Original post by emijay95
Woo! Congratulations :biggrin: We're bound to cross paths then! I'm proper worried that I'm just going to be a loner ahaha :')

Thanks :smile: I couldn't believe in when l got my email saying l'm in lol I'm in the same boat as you, l'm worried as hell.
Reply 7
Thanks :smile: I couldn't believe in when l got my email saying l'm in lol I'm in the same boat as you, l'm worried as hell.

I was the same, I started crying and my mum thought the worst because I was proper sobbing ahaha :') and oh god, don't get me started! I'm proper stressing out about it, I don't know how to use a washing machine, I love cooking (but I tend to burn toast :')) and I hate washing dishes. It's going to be quite the experience ahaha :smile:
I was the same, I started crying and my mum thought the worst because I was proper sobbing ahaha :') and oh god, don't get me started! I'm proper stressing out about it, I don't know how to use a washing machine, I love cooking (but I tend to burn toast :')) and I hate washing dishes. It's going to be quite the experience ahaha :smile:

I think l was in shock for like an hour after the email lol I'm the exact same, although you have an advantage over me. I can't cook to save my life. The only think l can cook is pasta. I'm dreading using the washing machine for the first time, l just know it's going to be a disaster lol Very true, if nothing else it'll be an experience.
Reply 9
I think l was in shock for like an hour after the email lol I'm the exact same, although you have an advantage over me. I can't cook to save my life. The only think l can cook is pasta. I'm dreading using the washing machine for the first time, l just know it's going to be a disaster lol Very true, if nothing else it'll be an experience.

I make amazing pasta, not to blow my own trumpet like but yeah.. nothing like a good bit of self-praise :') hahaha. Oh god, I know, I'm probably going to end up dying all my whites red or something like that anyway ahaha.
Hey, Im going to be staying in Lambert Hall and studying Electronic Engineering
I make amazing pasta, not to blow my own trumpet like but yeah.. nothing like a good bit of self-praise :') hahaha. Oh god, I know, I'm probably going to end up dying all my whites red or something like that anyway ahaha.

Nice, l should probably learn how to cook before l get to Hull or l might become a student cliché and end up living of baked bean :L If that does happen at least you'll have a conversation starter
Original post by EvilRaptorMudkip
Hey, Im going to be staying in Lambert Hall and studying Electronic Engineering

I'm staying in Lambert Hall too :smile: I'm in Block D, how about you?
Reply 13
Nice, l should probably learn how to cook before l get to Hull or l might become a student cliché and end up living of baked bean :L If that does happen at least you'll have a conversation starter

You'll just have to grab a friend that can cook and make them do it for you! Aha :') and whats thay? Omg aha
I'm staying in Lambert Hall too :smile: I'm in Block D, how about you?

Cool :smile: Im in Block A I think, liking that it seems to be the closest hall to everything
You'll just have to grab a friend that can cook and make them do it for you! Aha :') and whats thay? Omg aha

That's a good idea lol l'll have to keep that in mind :smile:
Original post by EvilRaptorMudkip
Cool :smile: Im in Block A I think, liking that it seems to be the closest hall to everything

Nice, yeah l'm liking that too. So glad l don't have to walk too far to get to the bus stop.
I'm going to Hull studying history. I applied to stay in the lawns but haven't heard back from them yet. Feeling really nervous and would love to get to know some people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JazFletcher
I'm going to Hull studying history. I applied to stay in the lawns but haven't heard back from them yet. Feeling really nervous and would love to get to know some people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, l wouldn't worry too much about accommodation after all Hull does boast that all students will be guaranteed accommodation :smile: I'm sure you'll hear off them soon enough
Original post by JazFletcher

Have you paid the deposit and stuff for it?

Quick Reply

Latest