The Student Room Group

retaking a2 exams and then reapplying to uni

i'm still waiting for my results but i was just thinking if they don't turn out to be any good, will universities such as imperial mind. btw i applied for mechanical engineering. How bad does 3 year a levels look to unis??

any advice will be greatly appreciated
I think it should be alright as I'm going to do the same thing as i don't feel iv done as good as i should have , if you explain to your firm choice that your going to do another year and why such as unexpected circumstances which might of affected your grades they may give you an offer for the following year, however they could ask for higher grades. But honestly i would do that extra year than settling for something in clearing for the same course because at the end of your degree when you apply for jobs the amount of ucas from a levels are taken into account in the application process according to my sister , so its better to improve them whilst you got the chances.
I know few people who have done 3 years and have gotten into good universities for things like optometry and Law

Good luck on results day :smile:
Original post by Ilovemaths96
i'm still waiting for my results but i was just thinking if they don't turn out to be any good, will universities such as imperial mind. btw i applied for mechanical engineering. How bad does 3 year a levels look to unis??

any advice will be greatly appreciated

depends on the uni, most are fine, UCL, LSE, St Andrews and Edinburgh say no, no idea bout Imperial, best to email them to avoid wasting a slot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending