The Student Room Group

thank god the 'metalhead' stereotype is dying out

glad this is a thing of the past, no music style has been ruined as much like these cretins have managed to.

nowadys, your average metal band looks like this, normal folk

the music will always be the most powerful though

2:59 is some real ****

[video="youtube;zSlWOZS8p_A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSlWOZS8p_A[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The aesthetics of metal bands (and fans) is as varied as the music tbh, so I wouldn't say that this stereotype is dying, I could easily find some pictures of some visual kei bands... and how has wearing pointy things ruined metal lol?
How dare people dress in a way that expresses themselves! Those cretins! Those abominations! The audacity of them to not want to conform to societal norms! Bastards
Reply 3
Original post by + polarity -
The aesthetics of metal bands (and fans) is as varied as the music tbh, so I wouldn't say that this stereotype is dying, I could easily find some pictures of some visual kei bands... and how has wearing pointy things ruined metal lol?

the dress style was almost exclusivley long dirty hair, chains, baggy cargo trousers and dozens of sweatbands. it looks ridiculous and is the reason most people label metalheads as people who hate life, are depressed and are *******ated
Why are you trying to imply mall-goths represent all metal fans?
Also the second picture probably more accurate describes -core and djent musicians.
Meanwhile in Norway, giant invisible sandwiches are still all the rage:
Reply 5
This doesn't just apply to metal, pretty almost all music genre. Nowadays rap stars are hitting those skinny jeans
Reply 6
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
How dare people dress in a way that expresses themselves! Those cretins! Those abominations! The audacity of them to not want to conform to societal norms! Bastards

You wear makeup in all your avi's, dont go on about expression when you full well know you wouldn't look half as good without it.
Original post by Doob
You wear makeup in all your avi's, dont go on about expression when you full well know you wouldn't look half as good without it.

What? If anything that supports my point. I use my face as a canvas and so express myself with dramatic makeup, and I support other people's rights to express themselves.

Anyway what does my appearance have to do with this exactly?
Original post by Doob
the dress style was almost exclusivley long dirty hair, chains, baggy cargo trousers and dozens of sweatbands. it looks ridiculous and is the reason most people label metalheads as people who hate life, are depressed and are *******ated

struggling to see the connection between the perceptions of the uninitiated and their effect on those who are producing music

though I kind of see what you mean, perhaps it was just natural that people would get tired of all the accessories, hence their being less common (I still wouldn't say dying)

also mirin

Reply 9
What? If anything that supports my point. I use my face as a canvas and so express myself with dramatic makeup, and I support other people's rights to express themselves.

Anyway what does my appearance have to do with this exactly?

Makeup is used to enhance your appearance, making you more appealing, at least, thats why the industry invests millions into advertising for this purpose. There is nothing 'dramatic' about red lipstick and some foundation, look around at any club and you will realize this.
It would be hilarious if 20-30 years from now OP had a kid that dressed just like this. Not hilarious to OP, but to me at least.
Original post by Manitude
Why are you trying to imply mall-goths represent all metal fans?
Also the second picture probably more accurate describes -core and djent musicians.
Meanwhile in Norway, giant invisible sandwiches are still all the rage:

vest metal lol

legit I had Immortal in mind when I saw this thread lol
Original post by Doob
Makeup is used to enhance your appearance, making you more appealing, at least, thats why the industry invests millions into advertising for this purpose. There is nothing 'dramatic' about red lipstick and some foundation, look around at any club and you will realize this.

Makeup is an art form. It's not just used to enhance an appearance although it can be, it is also used as an expression of personal style, and art. And yeah my makeup is "dramatic", I don't go for a natural look because I don't like it. And I'll pass thanks, I like my outings classy :smile:

I'd still love to know what my makeup has to do with this though
Original post by + polarity -
vest metal lol

legit I had Immortal in mind when I saw this thread lol

Great minds think alike :pierre:
metalheads rock! :headbang:
Reply 15
Makeup is an art form. It's not just used to enhance an appearance although it can be, it is also used as an expression of personal style, and art. And yeah my makeup is "dramatic", I don't go for a natural look because I don't like it. And I'll pass thanks, I like my outings classy :smile:

I'd still love to know what my makeup has to do with this though

So you don't like the way you look without makeup?
In other words, you use makeup because you are not satisfied with your facial features. The only thing you seem to be expressing is your hunger for attention, hence your 'Ask Tyrion' thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Doob
So you don't like the way you look without makeup?
In other words, you use makeup because you are not satisfied with your facial features. The only thing you seem to be expressing is your hunger for attention.

No. That's not what I said. I personally think faces without makeup look unfinished. You can have the prettiest faces in the world and it still looks unfinished. Nothing to do with my natural features. I just think no makeup/natural make up looks boring on anyone.

Again what does this have to do with this?
No. That's not what I said. I personally think faces without makeup look unfinished. You can have the prettiest faces in the world and it still looks unfinished. Nothing to do with my natural features. I just think no makeup/natural make up looks boring on anyone.

Again what does this have to do with this?

Unfinished? You mean natural?

:rofl:
One thing is certain metal music will always remain, suppose there's nothing to complain about then:borat:
You clearly have 0 experience with the metal "community" Most metal bands still have long hair, wear band shirts and have a stage persona. Also, I don't know any members of the metal sub-community that look like 12 year olds.

Quick Reply

Latest