The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for NHS bursary?

Can you help?

I completed my application form on my NHS BOSS account months ago and it still says its 'pending'
They haven't really told me how much I am eligible for and when and how I will next hear from them, so now I am left here wondering what happens next or if I've missed something...

Please can you help clear up my confusion and could you tell me what happened / is happening to your application?

Thanks
Hi, not sure if relevant, but i received my letter of entitlement a good few weeks ago. Id ring up and double check why its still pending. Better to.be safe than sorry.
Good luck.
Lois x
Original post by qwerty73
Can you help?

I completed my application form on my NHS BOSS account months ago and it still says its 'pending'
They haven't really told me how much I am eligible for and when and how I will next hear from them, so now I am left here wondering what happens next or if I've missed something...

Please can you help clear up my confusion and could you tell me what happened / is happening to your application?

Thanks

Did you send them documents to back up your application? Passport, birth certificate, P60 etc. I did mine in March and they sent the docs back 7 days later, then emailed me my entitlement.

If you've done all that, definitely call them. They pick up the phone quick.
Reply 3
Original post by roachesandratsx
Did you send them documents to back up your application? Passport, birth certificate, P60 etc. I did mine in March and they sent the docs back 7 days later, then emailed me my entitlement.

If you've done all that, definitely call them. They pick up the phone quick.

Oh shoot I haven't done that! :eek:
Thanks so much
did you apply for student loans too, if so its asking for a photocopy of your application.... which part is ithis
/ ?
Original post by qwerty73
Oh shoot I haven't done that! :eek:
Thanks so much

Oh wow! Definitely glad I replied now. No problem :smile:
Does anyone know if housing benefit count as income? :tongue:
Thanx in advance
(edited 9 years ago)
As a student you cant normally claim HB unless you fall into certain criteria (single parent etc) if you do qualify for it then im pretty sure it doesnt count as income x
Thank you, so I guess it doesn't count as income for the forthcoming academic year (as i won't be able to claim it then)
Original post by May&July
Thank you, so I guess it doesn't count as income for the forthcoming academic year (as i won't be able to claim it then)

double check here first check your eligibility

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/information__resources/benefits/education/benefits_and_students.aspx

Hope it helps :smile:
Original post by loislane1987

Thank you so much! you are a star :bumps:
Original post by May&July
Thank you so much! you are a star :bumps:

Your very welcome :smile:

Quick Reply