The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Missed Halls Application, what to do?

So I was so caught up with exams I forgot to check the deadline to apply for accommodation in halls, careless I know, but I did call QM and they asked me to apply asap and so I did. I haven't heard anything since and am just wondering if anyone is in the same situation or has been and what your game plan is, would really appreciate any response or help!
Reply 1
Original post by michellelinnea
So I was so caught up with exams I forgot to check the deadline to apply for accommodation in halls, careless I know, but I did call QM and they asked me to apply asap and so I did. I haven't heard anything since and am just wondering if anyone is in the same situation or has been and what your game plan is, would really appreciate any response or help!

I'm in a worse situation.I applied for accommodation last week and got rejected straightaway
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by bigboy241
I'm in a worse situation.I applied for accommodation last week and got rejected strightaway

ouch that sucks :frown:
Reply 3
ik right and all the private halls are too expensive
Reply 4
Same situation, except I will apply tomorrow. I called them and they said I can apply anyway. They have on their accommodation page a section for "alternative accommodation." That would be my last option.
Original post by Treee
Same situation, except I will apply tomorrow. I called them and they said I can apply anyway. They have on their accommodation page a section for "alternative accommodation." That would be my last option.

yea it's just annoying being on the waiting list and then not being able to give a 100% yes to anything else... :/
Reply 6
yea it's just annoying being on the waiting list and then not being able to give a 100% yes to anything else... :/

True. Call them and explain your situation to them. Ask them when they'll give you an answer because if it's too late, you might lose other places and not be able to find a good alternative when it's too late.
Reply 7
if you guys don't get halls,interested in getting a flat together near mile end
Reply 8
Original post by bigboy241
if you guys don't get halls,interested in getting a flat together near mile end

I'm interested in this.

And to everyone who missed halls, better start looking for private accommodation or you'll be traveling some distance every day.
sure, why not? are we all first years by the way?
yep
Reply 11

Applied last week, just got an email saying I'm on the wait list and that I should start looking for alternate housing options. I'm an international student too, so freaking out! Hoping places open up soon! :frown:
Original post by ABF3
Applied last week, just got an email saying I'm on the wait list and that I should start looking for alternate housing options. I'm an international student too, so freaking out! Hoping places open up soon! :frown:

I got the same email!!! sucks to be us :frown:
Reply 13
I got the same email!!! sucks to be us :frown:

I know right! But I'm hoping some places will open up. I have also tried emailing them about the issue, hopefully we get some place!! I think they just started allocating so it shouldn't be so late yet.
Queen Mary suggest some private halls. The John Cass/Claredale ones look good. Just google John Cass hall (they're on the same site). Depends how much you wanted to pay, but they're around 130 per week
Original post by _AlfieBoheme
Queen Mary suggest some private halls. The John Cass/Claredale ones look good. Just google John Cass hall (they're on the same site). Depends how much you wanted to pay, but they're around 130 per week

yea I saw that and applied :smile:
yea I saw that and applied :smile:

I've applied for both, hoping I get Clardale. My only worry was that I'd be the only first year, but looks like that wont be an issue!
Original post by _AlfieBoheme
I've applied for both, hoping I get Clardale. My only worry was that I'd be the only first year, but looks like that wont be an issue!

haha yea doesnt look like it :biggrin:
Give them a call and see what happens

Nightworld1066
Reply 19
Hi guys! I am looking for roommates from QMUL and interested in private accomodation near the university? anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending