The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Postgraduate Students at University of Leeds 2014

Hello, i made this thread for postgraduate students starting sept 2014. Im a postgraduate majoribg in Nutrition.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
I am also starting in Sept. studying Business Psychology. I honestly can't wait. Have you sorted out your accommodation yet?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hello,
I am also starting in this September for the course of Financial Risk Management. I just had my IELTS results announced in the previous Friday and now i just need to send them for the final confirmation of my conditional offer.
I applied for St.Marks residence but i am also considering checking for a private one , not sure yet.
I'm studying International Journalism~:tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by AzucenaRen
I'm studying International Journalism~:tongue:

Great and good luck, just from t, in which residence did u apply ?
Original post by Andreascy
Great and good luck, just from t, in which residence did u apply ?

Thank you for your kindness!~~I was offered a room in St Mark's. Heard it's a great place to live in. BTW, I'm from China, may I know where you're from?
Reply 6
Thank you for your kindness!~~I was offered a room in St Mark's. Heard it's a great place to live in. BTW, I'm from China, may I know where you're from?

I fulfilled some days ago the second form that we are obliged to for the accommodation. My first choice is St.Marks, second is Broadcasting towers and third Leodis but i really hope that i can get a place in St.Marks. Although i am not an international student therefore they can't guarantee a place for me. I am from Cyprus , a EU and Eurozone member country.
I fulfilled some days ago the second form that we are obliged to for the accommodation. My first choice is St.Marks, second is Broadcasting towers and third Leodis but i really hope that i can get a place in St.Marks. Although i am not an international student therefore they can't guarantee a place for me. I am from Cyprus , a EU and Eurozone member country.

As I know, all the three residences are great. A week or so after I fulfilled the second form the allocation result came via e-mail. Yours, I believe, will be soon too.^-^ Hope to meet you in St Mark's!

Cyprus is beautiful! I love Mediterranean Sea~
Reply 8
Hello, im staying at pennine house in the city center :smile: im from Lebanon :smile:
Hey, I'm starting in September as well and will be staying in St. Mark also.

I'm from Thailand and will be studying Business Analytics and Decision Science. Hope to see all of you there!
As I know, all the three residences are great. A week or so after I fulfilled the second form the allocation result came via e-mail. Yours, I believe, will be soon too.^-^ Hope to meet you in St Mark's!

Cyprus is beautiful! I love Mediterranean Sea~

Yes especially St.Marks and Broadcasting Towers. Although as i said i am not guarantee any accommodation for sure i am positive about it. I need first to provide them with my official bachelor degree that will be released in the end of July. They didn't accept the official (final) transcript of my university and they want the official degree.

P.S Indeed, Cyprus and mediterranean sea is awesome in regards to weather and sea :smile:
Original post by Nina1990
Hello, im staying at pennine house in the city center :smile: im from Lebanon :smile:

Hello Nina, i just checked out of curiosity how is the pennine house and i am surprised. They have an amazing design and style although their a bit more expensive and in some occasions far more expensive in contrast to the residences (even the most expensive one). Could i ask why you choose to stay there than in some good residences, namely St.Marks, Broadcasting Towers or Leodys ?
Reply 12
Hello Nina, i just checked out of curiosity how is the pennine house and i am surprised. They have an amazing design and style although their a bit more expensive and in some occasions far more expensive in contrast to the residences (even the most expensive one). Could i ask why you choose to stay there than in some good residences, namely St.Marks, Broadcasting Towers or Leodys ?

Heyyy, actually i wanted to stay off campus, i knw its a bit more expensive but i loved all wht uve mentioned. And i wanted a spacious studio, i prefer hving my own space rather a shared kitchen. And it has a gym as well so i wont need to hve a gym subscription. I hope i made the right choice! Where r u staying?
Heyyy, actually i wanted to stay off campus, i knw its a bit more expensive but i loved all wht uve mentioned. And i wanted a spacious studio, i prefer hving my own space rather a shared kitchen. And it has a gym as well so i wont need to hve a gym subscription. I hope i made the right choice! Where r u staying?

It seems that you made a wise choice :smile: Well in the second form of our accommodation preference i choose St.Marks as my first choice, Broadcasting Towers as the second and Leodis as the third one.
Reply 14
It seems that you made a wise choice :smile: Well in the second form of our accommodation preference i choose St.Marks as my first choice, Broadcasting Towers as the second and Leodis as the third one.

Best of luck!!
Best of luck!!

Likewise :smile:
Reply 16
I'll be starting Sept 2014 as well, studying Advertising & Marketing. Sadly, I've been a bit late with my accommodation application (just writing it as I type) and am doubting between St. Mark's and Leodis...

I'm looking for a fun and sociable environment, but don't want to be put in a hall with only freshers and young undergrads... Tips are welcome!
Reply 17
Original post by wyhu
I'll be starting Sept 2014 as well, studying Advertising & Marketing. Sadly, I've been a bit late with my accommodation application (just writing it as I type) and am doubting between St. Mark's and Leodis...

I'm looking for a fun and sociable environment, but don't want to be put in a hall with only freshers and young undergrads... Tips are welcome!

St Mark's is only available to postgraduate students (no young undergraduates). Or perhaps another option: Grayson Heights, for postgraduates and mature students :wink:
Also, Broadcasting tower is for postgraduates (limited number of 100) and the remaining could be mature and undergraduates (limited number of 141).

http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/broadcasting
Hello everyone!
Starting my MA in International educational management in September - still choosing a residence to live in.
Looking for something like the pennine house mentioned by Nina. Also looking at Sky Plaza - can't decide
If anyone has some experience about it - would be great to read about it!
Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest