The Student Room Group

Nutford House

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Blitzy thats cool. I may be cycling to uni with you then. I arrive the 30th too. What is your name so that i know who you are once there? we should find a way of meeting up... Out of curiousity, where do you live, where you from, are you a guy or girl...
Reply 41
yo i left u a pm.
Reply 42
Jammertal
Didn't think that it could become worse, but I got a TWIN room! :eek: :eek3: :mad:

Didn't read the regulations properly yet, but I'll arrive on the 12th so they'll hopefully be able to offer me accomodation then, too. Argh.

soda eye.....arg. This is horrible. I may go live in the toilet. Im arriving the 16th, i emailed them and they said it was grand. Also hi cristobal *waves* im just back from Amsterdam, it's bike city! Don't think i'd be able to cycle to KCL though lol :s
Reply 43
Hey, I'm actually nothing to do with Nutford House (going to UCL, staying in self-catered - want to eat real food!), but I saw the thread.... My friend's going to RAM and living at Nutford, so if you see a guy with a double bass on his back, say hi from me!!
Reply 44
Btw finally don't accepted my offer... Have fun whoever ends up living there! :smile:
Reply 45
What kind of contract/fees... are we looking at for the internet and phone?

thanks
i asked and they said the internet was free, but i dont know about the phone. you could ring up and ask them?
Reply 47
i think phone call from within the hall is also free isn't? But im not sure if they charge for setting up.
no the phone calls are based on a pay as you go top up system for your individual phones in your room.
Reply 49
All phone calls inside the hall are free. IF you wish to make calls outside the hall, you will have to top up, as naughty_uk2 said. But you certainly don't have to. Calls are charged at normal BT rates (except that calls which don't go through are not free :frown:). You have to give a (refundable) deposit of £10, and top up a minimum of £20.
Reply 50
that sounds good. Thank you for the info.
now I know its meant to be no pets, but do you think a goldfish counts? It'll be weird not having any animals around. And a fish might just brighten up the room!
Reply 52
While I obviously can't give you an official approval, I think a goldfish will be OK :biggrin:
Reply 53
i dont think you'll have time to care for it do u?
so theres a spare space in a twin jammertal!! why cudnt it be single
Oh and also, i was perusing the contract agreement thingy they sent, and it says that we cant use "adhesive tac" on the walls and can only stick things to the pinboards provided. Is that actually enforced? I bought so many posters over the last year in prep for uni!
Reply 55
It's not enforced but they can refuse to give you your whole deposit back if you make marks on the walls. I don't see this happening, but it could in theory. If you do put things up, I suggest you make sure that they will come down without making marks.
ah ok cool. well im sure white tac stuff will be ok. if not, ill could try the tactic of buying a small tin of paint and doing a touch up job! maybe thats going a bit too far.......maybe not...
finally got my accom.pack yesterday morning. it says i have to pay and return the form before the 11th.9, which already passed!! i called them and tried with my credit card but every times it just declin! duunno why this is so? i'm an overseas student. they said they cant hold the place without the payment! is there any other way i can send the deposit quickly? any others got this problem?they said they will send me back, didn't receive any thing? do i have to worry about my place?thanks in advance..
Reply 58
Do you know anyone in the UK who could pay the deposit for you until you arrive? It's possible that your card was declined because it's not setup for use outside your country.
thats the problem, i dont know any there.my freinds are leaving to the uk next week,( not london tho!), so its the same thing, eaither by post or if i give it to my friends! i will wait untill monday and call them again..

Quick Reply

Latest