The Student Room Group

Lost big money via footbal gambling? Help?

Ok two days ago, I deposited £100 (I actually won that money via Betting) and started betting. Unbelievably, it went up to £850 in two days. Later on, I placed two £400 bets and lost them.

What shall I do ? I'm devastated and f**** as I wanted to use the money to buy clothes etc! I'm 15 btw

Scroll to see replies

Bump
Nothing you can do, just learn from your mistakes and don't gamble!
Reply 3
Nothing you can do, it's your own fault. Don't bet so much in the future.
I thought the op would be pane123 looool
So you don't owe money? And made 50? Is that how it went?

If so that's pretty awesome! I would love 50 squid in my bank
Original post by anonymouspie227
So you don't owe money? And made 50? Is that how it went?

If so that's pretty awesome! I would love 50 squid in my bank

He deposited £100 and now has £50..
Reply 7
Lesson for life:
Quit whilst you're ahead.
Original post by LionelRonaldo
Ok two days ago, I deposited £100 (I actually won that money via Betting) and started betting. Unbelievably, it went up to £850 in two days. Later on, I placed two £400 bets and lost them.

What shall I do ? I'm devastated and f**** as I wanted to use the money to buy clothes etc! I'm 15 btw

15??? What the hell are your parents doing and who allowed you to bet? :eek:
Original post by JC.
Lesson for life:
Quit whilst you're ahead.

Just don't play games rigged not in your favour in the first place
Reply 10
Original post by Pussy Galore
Just don't play games rigged not in your favour in the first place

lol. I'm self employed. I play and win at a game rigged against me every single day pal.
Original post by Jooooshy
He deposited £100 and now has £50..

Oh so he made a loss... its still something
Where the hell does a 15 year old get that kind of cash? :eek:

And lesson learned. Quit while you're ahead or if you can't handle it don't bet at all. Best to learn the lesson while young anyhow.
Original post by ihavequestions.
I thought the op would be pane123 looool

pane123 probably clears £100,000 a year

so lol but no lol
Original post by lipslikemorphine
Where the hell does a 15 year old get that kind of cash? :eek:

And lesson learned. Quit while you're ahead or if you can't handle it don't bet at all. Best to learn the lesson while young anyhow.

100 quid? Most 15 year olds could easily get that from birthday money
Original post by rickfloss
pane123 probably clears £100,000 a year

so lol but no lol

clears? don't really know what that means? loses it ?
Original post by ihavequestions.
clears? don't really know what that means? loses it ?

profit from gambling

or more aptly value from gambling
Reply 17
Original post by LionelRonaldo

Well, to be honest, the key in the act of gambling is the word gamble - you may win, you may lose. If you had won those bets you wouldn't be on here saying you're devastated you won, so you should accept that you made a mistake and hopefully learn from it and quit gambling and not try chase the loss.

Equally, though, 15 is legally too young to gamble, so you could probably hassle them for that..but then if you made the 800 through gambling that probably wouldn't help either.

Cut your losses, don't gamble money you want to spend on other things.

Personally I gamble like once every 3/4 months and only every £10 or £20 which I can afford to lose. Yesterday I lost £20 and, even though it's a tiny sum of money, I was still really annoyed at myself - enough so that I definitely won't try again for another 3/4 months.
95%+ of gamblers will ultimately lose. It's largely not worth it.
How did you deposit it at 15 :s-smilie: its illegal you know to lie to the websites you used about your age. Identity Fraud :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending