The Student Room Group

Do you want to marry/date someone thats in the same job field as you are?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Binary Freak
It's unlikely that I'll find anyone of the opposing sex in the same job field as me, so it doesn't really matter, but with that being said, I wouldn't mind it.

Purty much this. Not that many female software engineers, that's for sure.
Original post by CJKay
Purty much this. Not that many female software engineers, that's for sure.

That's true, though my field is going to be Penetration Testing/Security Engineer.. Probably won't find any there.. But if I do :sexface:
Reply 62
Both my parents are doctors and work in the same hospital, haha. So, they see each other pretty often and it doesn't seem to bother them at all... :smile: They've got loads of fun stories to say to each other when they get back home. I suppose they are good examples that it can work. I haven't got to experience what it was like having parents in two different career fields, so I can't really tell... It definitely might be more interesting!

I wouldn't mind being married to someone in the same career field than me (maybe not necessarily the same workplace), although I would also prefer him doing something else. :biggrin:

Original post by Enoxial
I prefer a Doctor/Dentist as a wife. :biggrin:
(I'm related to the Finance side btw)

You're being picky. Would you not marry her if she was, let's say, a very successful lawyer? :tongue:
I would like it if she did something totally different to me. I've got a degree in the sciences, so it would be really cool to have a partner who was from the arts side and she did something like law or finance. That way, we can have interesting conversations, and we would both have something unique in what we did for a living. I like learning about new things and I was never good at the arts, so it would be pretty cool to share conversations with a a professional in the field. Equally, I could also share my side of the story :biggrin:
Nope, I want to marry a scientist or a musician :sogood:
Original post by Jenn.

You're being picky. Would you not marry her if she was, let's say, a very successful lawyer? :tongue:

I have a perception that Doctors would make excellent wives plus the chats will be interesting.
Lawyer.... Why not? :tongue:
Not bothered.
Reply 67
I would like that, it means she'd know how to integrate and treat me like a real man
Original post by noshahmad
I don't care at all tbh, except not in the same exact field e.g. if I do tax law then he should do corporate law or if I was doing forensics then he would do genetics,
So same areaish but not the same job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't many firms have the same dept for Tax and Corporate Law?
Reply 69
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I would rather my wife not work anyway.

Don't worry you won't get one :wink:
Reply 70
Original post by bertstare
Possibly yes, we could run practices together

what profession?
Reply 71
Become a prop trader at a hedge fund (my primary goal). Have a family someday and maybe experience love of some sort?

Lets be honest the likelihood of that is virtually nil.
Original post by slg60
Don't worry you won't get one :wink:

A very few girls are like that. This chick told me her husband SHOULD hit her if she were to do anything wrong. Uhm, nah love. That's not right. It was quite heartbreaking to be honest.
Cheating is not a problem. Divorce is always an option. Their boredom is not of my concern.

Phahaha unless you change your attitude there is no way you're going to get a wife hahahaha- 'their boredom is not of my concern' - gee, ya know, there's this thing called CARING about your partner. Clearly an alien concept to you
Reply 74
Original post by ExMus
A very few girls are like that. This chick told me her husband SHOULD hit her if she were to do anything wrong. Uhm, nah love. That's not right. It was quite heartbreaking to be honest.

Was she religious? If so what religion?
Original post by slg60
Was she religious? If so what religion?

Yeah. She was religious. Islam.
Reply 76
Original post by ExMus
Yeah. She was religious. Islam.

Well there is your answer :biggrin:
Original post by slg60
Well there is your answer :biggrin:

Really bro? You're gonna play us like that?
No. I went out with someone who also studied Law once. It was awful, he was v left wing and I'm very Tory so we kept arguing about law and politics. The worst time was when we were disagreeing about a point in my dissertation while in bed. Never again.
Reply 79
Original post by SamTheMan95
Really bro? You're gonna play us like that?

Islam is a violent religion, is some respects evil:

“Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and forsake them in beds apart, and beat them.” Quran 4:34

That being said I believe that a lot of people who say that they are Muslim do not understand the gravity of what they are saying or simply disagree with some aspects of it. I know many people who say they are muslim but don't actually believe in god... silly I know but that is what they say.

Quick Reply