The Student Room Group

How did you meet your best friend?

just wondering when everyone met their best friends , was it at nursery , high school or even later than that.

i met mine in Year 5 , he was the new boy in the school and we became friends in his first day there.

Scroll to see replies

At the pet shop, 3 years ago :love:
Nursery :colonhash:
I didn't :frown:

yet
I have a few best friends. One I met in secondary school though we didn't become close till after we'd left school, another I met on a different website years ago and another I met on here :smile:
Never seen the point in having a 'best' friend. I just have people I get on with, nobody special.
Met all 4 in Highschool

first one I was friends with since year 7
second and third I don't really remember lol
the last one, he joined mid year 9 and we all just clicked
tsr

:rofl:

:colondollar:
Reply 8
My whole group of friends are my best friends, knew them since secondary school, and one from primary. I lost a best friend a few weeks ago though, who I met via here, she and I no longer talk.
I have two sets of best friends. Is that weird?

I met two in secondary school but I'm trying to stop being friends with them because we've grown apart. They've yet to realise that.

I met my more recent, closest best friend in college. She found me when I was having a minor panic attack the day before an exam. A lot of really ****ty stuff happened to me the week before and she was able to help me through it all. I find it difficult to get close to people but the two of us are as volatile and screwed up as each other so our bestfriendship was effortless. :h:
I'm my own bestie and believe it or not, I met her recently. I used to hate myself but as soon as I made peace with who I am, I started to love and appreciate myself a lot more :yep:

I have close friends but don't really consider any of them as besties lol
In the hospital ward in our cots when I was one day old and her just a few hours lol. Unless you count when our mums were pregnant with us in which case a doctor's waiting room when we were mere embryos lol.
Back in year 7, I decided I wanted to be popular. So I latched into the first person that I thought had popular potential (as she was blonde with blue eyes- that sounds scarily like Hitler). Becoming her best friend involved writing my best friend then a horrible letter explaining why she was a horrible, disgusting and unpopular person and why blonde potential best friend would be a much better best friend.
So yes, I've now been best friends with the blonde for about 5 years. Not exactly the best way to meet a best friend xD

Edit: Funnily enough, my original best friend (the one who was the recipient of the letter) and I are quite good friends now. May even be going to the same school for sixth form (depending on grades of course xD)
(edited 9 years ago)
Chemistry class at secondary school :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Precious Illusions
I have a few best friends. One I met in secondary school though we didn't become close till after we'd left school, another I met on a different website years ago and another I met on here :smile:

what websites mind me asking
Original post by trustmeimlying1
what websites mind me asking

Websites? It was only one friend and I met her on a website called TeenSpot. Just a teen chat site. Doesn't exist any more.
I don't have a best friend. :cry:

Any offers? :smile:
At school, I gave her a pen. And yeah best friends from there.
Reply 18
My first best friend I met the first day of pre-k in Paris and we still try to see each other even though since grade 5 we've been on opposite sides of the Atlantic.
I met my second best friend on the first day at my new school in America. She then moved in grade 8 but moved back a few weeks ago.
My third best friend I met in the first few weeks of our freshman year at a school we were both new to. We really became best friends last summer when I had shoulder surgery and she spent most of her time at my house or texting and skyping me to keep me entertained.
Made my first one by sharing color pencils.

Quick Reply

Latest