The Student Room Group

HELP! Just arrived in London from Los Angeles and now my views on uni has changed!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mbaker18
Thanks everyone for your comments! At this point Aberdeen is at the top of my list. I'm visiting UAL and UEA in the next few days!

Hi,

If you have any specific questions about UEA then I would be happy to help :smile: It’s great you’re visiting the different universities; it’s definitely the best way to get a feel of what a university is actually like.

I graduated from UEA last year (and am currently on a graduate internship with their admissions and recruitment department) and had such an amazing three years there as a student! This year UEA has been voted in the UK Top 15 (14th in the Guardian University Guide 2015, 15th in the Complete University Guide 2015) as well as in the Top 3 for Student Satisfaction. It’s a campus university surrounded by 300 acres of countryside and has a very picturesque lake (which you can see from some of the campus accommodation). However you actually get the best of both worlds as the city is only a short bus ride away from campus. This bus route also takes you directly to the train station. A train journey to London usually takes just under 2hrs and the coast is only about 30mins away. Norwich may not be the largest city but it certainly has everything you need. It has two shopping centres as well as many quirky and independent shops along the lanes. There are four cinemas as well as all the restaurants, bars and clubs. You can also find some nice parks to chill out in.

The university campus definitely has something for everyone. The opportunity to join a wide range of sports clubs and societies ensures that all students can have a great social life and try out new things. If you’re interested in sports, the Sportspark is actually located on campus so this makes it really easy to take part in activities. There is also a music event venue located on campus which is called the LCR. This runs various events for students and it has some great bands, artists and DJ’s play there. Some of my friends have seen their favourite bands play at the LCR and, as most prices are reduced for students, they got their tickets pretty cheap.

In regards to the course at UEA, many students feel it is beneficial that MSc Marketing has some flexibility in module choices. This could be particularly helpful if you know there is a certain area of marketing that you really enjoy. MSc Marketing has also been approved and accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) to provide direct entry onto the CIM’s Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing. Although this does require some form of senior marketing management experience, it is great to know that this is a possible future career route as a result of completing the course. Norwich Business School also has regular guest speakers from various industries which students are welcome to attend. This valuable connection with companies opens up many recruitment links for graduates, with some companies keen to see the skills and experience students have to offer.

Obviously not every university suits everyone but I hope this helps you consider UEA as an option. Good luck visiting the other universities :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest