The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You can use cash in the canteen if you want, you don't have to have a card :smile:.

Amy - Do you not have a washing machine in your house?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
sexysax
You can use cash in the canteen if you want, you don't have to have a card :smile:.

Amy - Do you not have a washing machine in your house?

Nope and no plumbing for one either.
Reply 42
ames123
Nope and no plumbing for one either.

Oh dear :frown: .
Reply 43
Amy - you said you were on farrar road..is there a launderette on neuadd willis you could use??
Reply 44
mia gen
I'd get to the till with a tray load of goodies and have £0.05 on my card. How embarrasing:redface: .

I (accidentally) jammed it at the beginning of lunchtime :redface:
Reply 45
Out of interest (slight hijack :biggrin:) are there hangers in the wardrobes?
Reply 46
Lofty
Out of interest (slight hijack :biggrin:) are there hangers in the wardrobes?

No, you need to bring lots!
Got to get organised now time is moving far faster than I am, lol:eek:

A few questions have come to mind, no doubt more will follow now that i'm in gear as it were!

1) Is it worth bringing a printer with me? I'm thinking of room space really. By the time I've got my laptop on my desk, stereo player and printer I'll have no room left to do any writing!!

2) How many electrical sockets can I expect? Forgot to look when I went:rolleyes: . Presumably I'll need extension leads, socket adaptors for the number of sockets I'm going to need!! Laptop, stereo, TV, Printer?, Hairdryer, phone charger ........ the list goes on!!

3) Whereabouts is the Aerial socket for TV? Probably under the desk:p: .

4) Does the desk have drawers or is it just table style? Again didn't think to check!!

5) Does anyone know if Psychology get a reading week? If so, can we go home for a few days and when is it?

Sorry about all the questions but hope someone has some answers! Thanks:wink:
Reply 48
1) I took a printer with me, you could just keep it under your desk and bring it out and plug it in as an when you need it for things.

2) There are 2 at the end of the bed and a TV aerial point, and 2 by your desk, so I'd definitely bring a few extension leads of plug adapters.

3) End of bed :p:

4) Just table style, but you have a bedside table next to it with a drawer in. Depends what you use each for I guess.

5) They do get a reading week, if I remember correctly I think it's at different times to everyone else, but that might have been another course :rolleyes: . It all depends on the department, I'm not supposed to go home, I am supposed to carry on attending rehearsals and catch up with work. Unless you miss something important that they schedule in that week you could probably get away with going home.
Reply 49
Psychology reading week is the first week after christmas..so when everyone else goes back on the 8th they were off for an extra week..
Reply 50
That's it. Most people I knew came back, I came back and I didn't even need to be there until end of Jan when Semester 2 starts.
Thanks you two! I had it in my mind that it was the end of October. Guess that was something else,lol! Not sure I'll be wanting an extra week at Christmas tho' I'll probably be wanting to get back to uni, if we finish on the 16th it'll be like a month!
Reply 52
Just wait until the summer hols - YAWN!
SlightlyAbby
A few questions have come to mind, no doubt more will follow now that i'm in gear as it were!

Nat, in her speedy wisdom, has already covered this but I am just going to add something from the view point of someone not living in ensuite i.e Emrys. (just in case)

1. Yes, a printer can be very handy. If you don't bring one, you will have to buy printer credits (5p per piece) in the library. Emrys desks go the whole length of the huge window. While the ensuite rooms are around half the size.

An 3-in-one printer is handy because photocoping is 5p per A4, 10p per A3, credit also purchased at library.

2. In the ensuite rooms, I believe it is two sockets but in Emrys there is only one and this is located just above the desk. l got around this by having an surge proof extension lead plugged into another surge proof extenstion lead. :p: But Argos does do a 10 socket extension lead tower for £22 which is better.

3. Emrys, being built at a time when television weren't as popular does not have one. You can purchase an indoor aerial for £9.99 in Comet which does the trick brilliantly. However, freeview is best recieved on the upper floors of Emrys.

4. Emrys doesn't have a drawer style bedside cabinet. It looks more like a square black coffee table. (I used it for my tele) There are two drawers built into the wardrobe but room varying I wouldn't put stuff in then (they are most likely to collaspe in the night and scare you to death. :rolleyes:
Reply 54
Thanks Charl, I always forget about Emrys:rolleyes: .
sexysax
Thanks Charl, I always forget about Emrys:rolleyes: .

No worries. You weren't living there. :p:
Reply 56
hmm.. imagine if the halls office made a booboo and put english speaking people in the welsh speaking halls.. hehe that'd be well interesting..you'd be like argh i dont speak your language how am i going to make friends?!?! :biggrin: (i think im bored...)
Reply 57
I think you are too Dani :p:. There was a Welsh girl below me last year who was doing Welsh but she was fluent in English and wanted to mix with others so she was in our hall :biggrin:. She was great too.
Reply 58
a_musical_gal
Nat, in her speedy wisdom, has already covered this but I am just going to add something from the view point of someone not living in ensuite i.e Emrys. (just in case)

1. Yes, a printer can be very handy. If you don't bring one, you will have to buy printer credits (5p per piece) in the library. Emrys desks go the whole length of the huge window. While the ensuite rooms are around half the size.

An 3-in-one printer is handy because photocoping is 5p per A4, 10p per A3, credit also purchased at library.

2. In the ensuite rooms, I believe it is two sockets but in Emrys there is only one and this is located just above the desk. l got around this by having an surge proof extension lead plugged into another surge proof extenstion lead. :p: But Argos does do a 10 socket extension lead tower for £22 which is better.

3. Emrys, being built at a time when television weren't as popular does not have one. You can purchase an indoor aerial for £9.99 in Comet which does the trick brilliantly. However, freeview is best recieved on the upper floors of Emrys.

4. Emrys doesn't have a drawer style bedside cabinet. It looks more like a square black coffee table. (I used it for my tele) There are two drawers built into the wardrobe but room varying I wouldn't put stuff in then (they are most likely to collaspe in the night and scare you to death. :rolleyes:

Yes, I was just going to say Nat, that she might not be on Frith. Are you on St Mary's slightabby?
To be honest just take what you think you will need as you are all a lot more clued up than most freshers will be, you want a few surpirses when you get there!!
As for hangers year take them, you may get a few in there the last occupant left as well. As for a tvarieal, if you need one poundstrecher do one for £5 which works fine.
Reply 59
Abby is on Ffridd :smile: Cefn Y Coed.

Latest