The Student Room Group

Incredible women standing up against feminism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imtelling
...without being guilt tripped...

Women should do what they want with their armpit hair, either way there shouldn't be any attempt to guilt-trip them. You're the one telling women what is a 'no no'.

So happy people are speaking up against western feminism. There are good people in the world still :biggrin::angelwings:
Original post by bartonhollow
It seems like the name "Women Against Feminism" is rather misleading. It gives the idea that they are entirely against feminism in any form, which is ridiculous. Fair enough being against the radical feminist movement but being against feminism in its true form? Nah.

feminism in it's true form is just a women's me me me movement.

I'm sure these girls support equality. Pretty sure everyone with a brain would make that assumption as well.
Original post by Axiomasher
Women should do what they want with their armpit hair, either way there shouldn't be any attempt to guilt-trip them. You're the one telling women what is a 'no no'.

Women can do whatever they want with their armpit hair. But the reason why 99% of women shave their armpit hair is because they know that hairy armpits are not attractive at all. Once women got the freedom to expose more of their bodies in public, they quickly started shaving their legs and armpits. No one forced them to do this, they did it on their own. Its a natural thing to want to appeal to the opposite sex.

Stop making women feel guilty for wanting to be more attractive to the opposite sex.

Armpit hair is not attractive on a woman:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TenOfThem
I think he does both in that and later posts

Not worth arguing about really

lol. Stop making fun of people for their sexual preferences. Just worry about yourself.
Wow the ignorance and idiocy never fails to astound me. These girls needed feminism (not radical feminism) or they would still be their husbands property, locked in the kitchen pushing countless babies out and not even being able to write those stupid cards because of being denied an education. Feminism is still needed widely as many countries have deplorable womens rights in 2014.

Globally, 1 in 5 girls of lower secondary school age is out of school
Source: UNESCO - UNESCO’s Institute for Statistics

Girls’ primary school completion rates are below 50% in most poor countries.

Every year, 10 million girls are forced or coerced into marriage.
Source: Bruce, J. and S. Clark (2004), “The Implications of Early Marriage for HIV/AIDS Policy”, Brief based on backgroundpaper prepared for the WHO/UNFPA/Population Council Technical Consultation on Married Adolescents New York

1 in every 3 girls in the developing world is married by the age of 18.
Source: UNICEF (2011), “The State of the World’s Children 2011, Adolescence: An Age of Opportunity”, New York: UNICEF Population Council.

The leading cause of death for young women aged 15-19 in developing countries is pregnancy.
Source: Because I am a Girl. The State of the World’s Girls 2009. Girls in the Global Economy: Adding It All Up, p.51. London, Plan. World Health Organization WHO, Women and Health

1 in 7 marries before they reach the age of 15.
Source: The Elders (2010), “Child Marriage”..
Original post by ChickenMadness
feminism in it's true form is just a women's me me me movement.

I'm sure these girls support equality. Pretty sure everyone with a brain would make that assumption as well.

Eh, so I don't have a brain? Okay, pal, whatever you say.
Original post by vickidc18

Emphasis on the "In most poor countries" it's because their parents cant afford it, not because men in specific are preventing them from doing so.
Are you aware of the quote: "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics"? Stop twisting the statistics to prove a point which doesnt exist.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by bartonhollow
Eh, so I don't have a brain? Okay, pal, whatever you say.

Why? Don't you support equality?

Original post by All-rounder
Why? Don't you support equality?

I do support equality. What he was saying was that "everyone with a brain" would make the assumption that these women standing up against feminism support equality (so clearly I am not one of those people with a brain), when I said I understand women not agreeing with radical feminism but I can't understand being against feminism altogether.
Damn the women on that page are hot as well. Intelligent and beautiful. Would so wife.

Wow the ignorance and idiocy never fails to astound me. These girls needed feminism (not radical feminism) or they would still be their husbands property, locked in the kitchen pushing countless babies out and not even being able to write those stupid cards because of being denied an education. Feminism is still needed widely as many countries have deplorable womens rights in 2014.

Globally, 1 in 5 girls of lower secondary school age is out of school

Every year, 10 million girls are forced or coerced into marriage.
Source: Bruce, J. and S. Clark (2004), “The Implications of Early Marriage for HIV/AIDS Policy”, Brief based on backgroundpaper prepared for the WHO/UNFPA/Population Council Technical Consultation on Married Adolescents New York

1 in every 3 girls in the developing world is married by the age of 18.
Source: UNICEF (2011), “The State of the World’s Children 2011, Adolescence: An Age of Opportunity”, New York: UNICEF Population Council.

The leading cause of death for young women aged 15-19 in developing countries is pregnancy.
Source: Because I am a Girl. The State of the World’s Girls 2009. Girls in the Global Economy: Adding It All Up, p.51. London, Plan. World Health Organization WHO, Women and Health

1 in 7 marries before they reach the age of 15.
Source: The Elders (2010), “Child Marriage”..

Ye it would be great if western feminists cared about the women in 3rd world countries. To bad theres a very small number of them that actually work to help women in third world countries. Most of them are just trying to get more privileges in USA/UK etc.
Original post by All-rounder
Emphasis on the "In most poor countries" it's because their parents cant afford it, not because men in specific are preventing them from doing so.
Are you aware of the quote: "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics"? Stop twisting the statistics to prove a point which doesnt exist.

So are you denying my point that feminism is need especially in 3rd world countries??
I should join them hehe, feminists are an embarrassment to women. What happened to the good old days where women would cook and clean and sit down and shut up when they were told to? Am I crazy being a woman and wanting to be like that?
Damn the women on that page are hot as well. Intelligent and beautiful. Would so wife.

Ye it would be great if western feminists cared about the women in 3rd world countries. To bad theres a very small number of them that actually work to help women in third world countries. Most of them are just trying to get more privileges in USA/UK etc.

BS, real feminists not those radical one's believe in achieving basic rights for every female on the planet, plan Internationals Because I am a girl is an amazing charity that does great work in s range of different countries and I sponsor a girl from Laos.
lol. Stop making fun of people for their sexual preferences. Just worry about yourself.

I have no worries :smile:
So are you denying my point that feminism is need especially in 3rd world countries??

With regards to third world countries, I would like to see some woman's movement, not necessarily feminism.

However, you forget the significance of these being third world countries. In many places, women and men having different roles (ie man hunts, protects, does the hard labour, women brings up the kids etc) is a simple necessity in order to survive. Women's rights movements are only really relevant in countries that are economically and technologically equipped for strict gender roles not to have to apply. There's hardly any point going to the tribes in Africa and saying their women need to be working etc lol.
Ironically this thread just cements all the reasons I am a feminist... I find it hilarious that it's having the opposite effect that the anti-feminists intended :smile:
Frankly, I don't care if women call themselves feminists, equalists or dolphins, as long as we're all aiming for actual gender equality on both sides, it's a good thing in my eyes.
Reply 78
Original post by Messalina
Ironically this thread just cements all the reasons I am a feminist... I find it hilarious that it's having the opposite effect that the anti-feminists intended :smile:

So, one person's mind hasn't been changed = failure. Nonsense.

This page has been gathering likes faster than Gangnam Style and is giving a voice to women who are horrified by the radicalism of the feminist movement. It will continue to grow and hopefully stem the tide of women throwing their futures away by becoming feminists.
Original post by #Ridwan
So, one person's mind hasn't been changed = failure. Nonsense.

This page has been gathering likes faster than Gangnam Style and is giving a voice to women who are horrified by the radicalism of the feminist movement. It will continue to grow and hopefully stem the tide of women throwing their futures away by becoming feminists.

Can you explain exactly how my future has been thrown away? Or is that just a generalisation and conjecture?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending