The Student Room Group

Ford Fiesta v Renault Megane v Vauxhall Astra?

Hi there,

I am looking to upgrade from my 1.2 petrol Renault Clio to either a 1.4 diesel Ford Fiesta, 1.5 diesel Renault Megane or 1.3 diesel Vauxhall Astra.

My main priorities are plenty of space, great fuel economy and good spec (AC, electric windows, auxillary port) at a pretty decent price.

My budget is between £2-4000.

If someone can advise me from experience or knowledge I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd probably get a Ford Focus 1.6TDCI instead.
Reply 2
What he said ^^^

The Fiesta is small, a complete size class down from the other two. Also I can't imagine that any of them will be that nippy with the smaller engine, even if it is a torquier diesel. I'd have a look at TDI VWs too, a well specced and tidy Mk4 GT TDI could be had for that money, or a slightly tired mk5. I'd also stay away from the Renault, most of them have awful electrical problems. Mine didn't, but it had a whole host of other problems, including a catastrophically failed engine mount. A friend's Megan liked to collect water in the door pockets and in the rear footwell, and needed four new electric window actuators. Stick to Ford/VW/Vauxhall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending