University of Leeds
Leeds

Does the university mind resits?

I think I may have got the grades:
Economics: A/B
IT: B
Physics: C/D
Maths: E/U

Should I resit the year or just do module resits? And do the universities mind?
Original post by Portgas.D.Grade
I think I may have got the grades:
Economics: A/B
IT: B
Physics: C/D
Maths: E/U

Should I resit the year or just do module resits? And do the universities mind?

You just can't say what you might have got, you never know. But I'm assuming you mean AS Results? You need to get your tutors to up your predicted grades, and resit, but if you were willing to redo the year with full and improved effort, then go for it.

They are currently too low, but they usually don't mind resits.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi,

Once you have your results for definite, I'd speak to your sixth form tutor/careers advisor for advice on resits.

In terms of the opinion of the University, you'd need to speak to the department directly, some do not mind resits, others require all exams to be passed in one sitting. You've not mentioned which course you're interested in, let me know and I can give you the contact details. (but again you'd be best waiting until you have your results before contacting them).

Best wishes

Amanda
University of Leeds
Original post by University of Leeds
Hi,

Once you have your results for definite, I'd speak to your sixth form tutor/careers advisor for advice on resits.

In terms of the opinion of the University, you'd need to speak to the department directly, some do not mind resits, others require all exams to be passed in one sitting. You've not mentioned which course you're interested in, let me know and I can give you the contact details. (but again you'd be best waiting until you have your results before contacting them).

Best wishes

Amanda
University of Leeds

Thanks, I've received a reply from the university and they simply replied that they don't mind resits but they weren't clear on whether I would get a conditional offer with my AS grades allowing me to resit modules, drop physics and hopefully meet the requirements for an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science course.
My predicted grades are BBBB
Original post by leedswest
You just can't say what you might have got, you never know. But I'm assuming you mean AS Results? You need to get your tutors to up your predicted grades, and resit, but if you were willing to redo the year with full and improved effort, then go for it.

They are currently too low, but they usually don't mind resits.

Would I get a conditional offer with the grades BBCE, predicted grades being BBBB?

If I could I would rather resit modules but if that means having to apply the next year and taking a gap year then resitting the year would be a better use of time as I could get higher grades that way.
Original post by Portgas.D.Grade
Would I get a conditional offer with the grades BBCE, predicted grades being BBBB?

If I could I would rather resit modules but if that means having to apply the next year and taking a gap year then resitting the year would be a better use of time as I could get higher grades that way.

You should contact the department, however they usually only give offers to low graded candidates if they will be going through A2L

Quick Reply

Latest