The Student Room Group

How to use a comma effectively and accurately.

Hey there guys I feel less confident while using commas, and this reason being is that I had always though using a comma would be inserted where ever I would have token a deep breath, and I've been getting a lot or punctuation errors in my work. Any useful tips, or advise you can give me on how to use a comma so I won't make stupid mistakes? Any method you may use that may be helpful to me? Thank you. I would appreciate some guidance
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Highfiveyou
x

Hi there!

If you're struggling to use commas based on intuition, this quick guide might help you out a little bit: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/comma. It's a guide to the most common uses of commas in British English grammar.

If you need help with something more specific, hit me up and I'll be happy to try and help you further. :smile:
Thanks for that! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending