The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hi i have recently decided to do the highway man poem into a long story / auto biography would this be a good transformation?
omg thats sounds amazing! we have had it drilled into us that we have to do a novel but i know loadxople are going to do austen so thanks. i really dont have a clue what to do because all i read is classic novels lol.
Reply 22
Thinking maybe my class has been led down a blind ally - we were told to start with a substantial piece of literature and transform it into something similar hence Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man a la Salinger.Any help much appreciated!
sorry if this says that this is a reply to one of your threads i dont know how to do it otherwise.
i was looking for some thoughts on a author if anyone can help...........im transforming little red riding hood into a hard hitting adult version and the wolf is going to be something of a sexual predator. anyway i was going to take my version and adapt it into the story coming from the point of Grandma someone that doesnt in the orginal story have anything to say so i thought a nice little twist. so i was reading alice sebold ''lovely bones'' as a style model but its not from the point of few i need really so to cut a long story short...... does anyone know of an author who is similar to alice sebold but sees the story through a 3rd person view?
appreciate any kind of help thanks
Reply 24
Heyy!! Im stuck on my coursework and i need to hand in my first draft in soon. I've had a couple of ideas but i aint tooooo sure about them. My first idea was to write a monologue fromt he view of Malfoy from Harry Potter in the style of clockwork orange! I started it but it didn't seem "ambitious". ANY HELP!!!?? x
I have no idea what to do for the commentary!! :confused: I've had a look around people's posts on here about the coursework and someone had written that we need to write about purpose and audience and such, but when I did that my teacher said I need more detail... Does anyone have any idea what detail I can put into it??

I'm so stuck!!

xx
Reply 26
Just about to start mine, thinking of Esther from 'The bell jar' and doing some sort of "one year on" feature..
Any thoughts on this or other ideas?
Just cant get started.. :s-smilie:
Does anybody else find this coursework realllly hard??
My teacher isn't really very helpful and I'm finding it quite difficult. =(
Reply 28
Can some one please help me!? we're doing text transformation in english and I cannot for the life of me think of what to change my base text into anyone have any ideas??
Reply 29
we have to transform a scene from a street car named desire and im really stuck
We've been given an anthology of poems to transform and it sucks!!
I'm transforming Donne's 'To His Mistress Going to Bed' in to a Frankensteinesque short story
I am thinking about writing some sort of report about Blance Dubois from A street car named desires activity in the mental asylum.

Good idea?

Does anyone if they have some sort of report in mental asylums? and what this is called? Or I could do a narrative from the point of view of Blanche of her time in the asylum?
Tasha
Reply 32
Hi, need urgent help. Am doing transformation and this year I have to do 2 separate ones one of poema nd another of play. have done poem into short story which has gone down ok, but it's the play (Othello) which is being a problem. I have done two previous transformations, once a letter from Desdemona's mum to Desdemona and then another as Desdemona's journal before she leaves with Othello to Cyprus and just before she is killed. Neither were good enough and were brand new pieces each time. now the final is in for monday and so no more drafts but have no idea what to do. guys in my class are transforming it into psychiatrist reports and t.v. scripts but i dont really like the idea. Can anyone help??
Reply 33
Original post by ...Angey...
Im doing this as well, we was told to do something like jane austen into the style of something else. I was thinking of doing something with pride and prejudice just don't know what to transform it into. Got any ideas :smile:

Well you could always do a dramatic monologue from either Mr. Darcy's POV or Elizabeth's POV

But you have to make sure you really bring out their respective charachters through the monologue. (Elizabeth's feisty nature and Mr Darcy's aloof arogance).

Latest

Trending

Trending