The Student Room Group

Sending TOEFL results to Uni!

So I have received my TOEFL report. I was thinking I could just photocopy the report and send it to my uni through email. However this is what it says on the bottom of the report:

'Important note to institutions: scores are valid only if received directly from ETS, photocopies should never be accepted, if you received this report from an examniee, provide your official TOEFL institution code to the examinee so he/she can request that an official score report be sent to you.'

OK so do universities really not accept the score reports you receive, only the ones you request to be sent to them? Note that before my exam, I DID try to request an official score report to be sent to my uni... it said that you can request an official score report for free if you request it 24 hours before your exam.. I DID try to request an official report, however when I tried to process the thing, it always directed me to my bank account information and tried to charge me 18$! Even though it said it was free! So I ended up not requesting an official report...

So now Im really angry. Will my uni accept if I send them the report I received or do I really need to request 1 to be sent to my uni?
Original post by driftawaay
So I have received my TOEFL report. I was thinking I could just photocopy the report and send it to my uni through email. However this is what it says on the bottom of the report:

'Important note to institutions: scores are valid only if received directly from ETS, photocopies should never be accepted, if you received this report from an examniee, provide your official TOEFL institution code to the examinee so he/she can request that an official score report be sent to you.'

OK so do universities really not accept the score reports you receive, only the ones you request to be sent to them? Note that before my exam, I DID try to request an official score report to be sent to my uni... it said that you can request an official score report for free if you request it 24 hours before your exam.. I DID try to request an official report, however when I tried to process the thing, it always directed me to my bank account information and tried to charge me 18$! Even though it said it was free! So I ended up not requesting an official report...

So now Im really angry. Will my uni accept if I send them the report I received or do I really need to request 1 to be sent to my uni?

Call your university and ask them what they are happy to accept. No use getting angry about it. Talk to admissions. They deal with thousands of these results every year and will know what they want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending