The Student Room Group

How should I rank my top 5 universities???

I am looking to do law at university for entrance in 2015, I'm thinking of these universities for my top 5 choices:

Oxford
Exeter
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh

Obviously Oxford is number 1, but can any of you please suggest how I should rank the other universities from your experience?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by studentiam
I am looking to do law at university for entrance in 2015, I'm thinking of these universities for my top 5 choices:

Oxford
Exeter
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh

Obviously Oxford is number 1, but can any of you please suggest how I should rank the other universities from your experience?

Are you seriously considering ranking your choices upon the basis of opinions offered on an Internet forum? Get out there, see them for yourself and then decide!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Rank them in terms of how much to want to go to that university, how good the department is and how much you are going to get out of attending that university. Also consider the facilities and resources that are available in that university, and compare them.

It's better not to rank them in terms of prestige and influence the university has (as all of them are anyways), since you will get the same qualifications anyway.
Yes, I would highly recommend you getting to open days.

You will do better at a university that YOU like rather than going on others opinions and even league tables
Reply 4

Oxford
Exeter
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh

Might be worth applying to one AAB because then if you get into Oxford, you actually have an insurance option. Or somewhere like York that accepts General Studies so just make an offer of AA.
Reply 5
Oxford top, Bristol and Durham joint 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxford
Exeter
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh

What is the criteria for ranking?
Reply 7
Hey guys, I'm due to start law at York this autumn (fingers crossed) I'd just like to point out that you don't need to rank your choices when applying - the ucas system alphabetises them so your application is seen to have no specific preferences within your 5 choices, one tip would be to limit your choice of LNAT universities to no more than 2, because worst case scenario you could get below average and almost immediately know that you'll be receiving a rejection
Original post by Attz_96
Hey guys, I'm due to start law at York this autumn (fingers crossed) I'd just like to point out that you don't need to rank your choices when applying - the ucas system alphabetises them so your application is seen to have no specific preferences within your 5 choices, one tip would be to limit your choice of LNAT universities to no more than 2, because worst case scenario you could get below average and almost immediately know that you'll be receiving a rejection

On top of alphabetising them, it doesn't show universities any choices you made apart from at that particular university.
Reply 9
I think you've already put them in the right order OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending