Edexcel additional and extension Science exams summer 2014 thread

i did c2,b2,p2,b3,p3,c3

c2 will be quite high... 52 for an A*, 45 A
b2 will be very low... 46 for an A*, 40/39 A
p2 will be average... 50 for an A*, 42 A

c3 will be alright... 50 A*, 44 A
p3 will be slightly lower... 49 A*, 43 A
B3 will be lower but still high... 52 A*, 46 A

This is what i think... i think i will get B,A,A,A,A*,A* ( i made hella lot mistakes on C2

Do you guys think my grade boundary prediction were reasonable? if not, please adjust them.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angelo12231
i did c2,b2,p2,b3,p3,c3

c2 will be quite high... 52 for an A*, 45 A
b2 will be very low... 46 for an A*, 40/39 A
p2 will be average... 50 for an A*, 42 A

c3 will be alright... 50 A*, 44 A
p3 will be slightly lower... 49 A*, 43 A
B3 will be lower but still high... 52 A*, 46 A

This is what i think... i think i will get B,A,A,A,A*,A* ( i made hella lot mistakes on C2

Do you guys think my grade boundary prediction were reasonable? if not, please adjust them.

Didn't do Triple as I did C3, P3 and B3 in Year 10 so I don't know about them. But for Double C2, P2, B2 I'd say:

C2 - Easy but Chemistry never really has ever had that high grade boundaries (always easy but grade boundaries always generous) and the 6 markers weren't exactly a walk in the park so I'd say maybe 48 A* / 42 A

B2 - Medium difficulty so I'd say on the levels of March 2013 which was 45 A* / 40 A

P2 - To be fair P2 wasn't so bad, but people always seem to find Physics hard and I can't really remember what the exam was like but I remember it being the hardest in my opinion so I'd say 42 A* / 35 A same as June 2013

I think your ones are quite reasonable but loads of people had different opinions on the exams. :smile:

I think I'd get

C2 - A, B2 - A, P2 - B, C/A - A
So an overall low A for Additional Science

C1 - A*, B1 - A, P1 - B, C/A - A
Probably a high/mid A for Core Science
Original post by yellowcopter
Didn't do Triple as I did C3, P3 and B3 in Year 10 so I don't know about them. But for Double C2, P2, B2 I'd say:

C2 - Easy but Chemistry never really has ever had that high grade boundaries (always easy but grade boundaries always generous) and the 6 markers weren't exactly a walk in the park so I'd say maybe 48 A* / 42 A

B2 - Medium difficulty so I'd say on the levels of March 2013 which was 45 A* / 40 A

P2 - To be fair P2 wasn't so bad, but people always seem to find Physics hard and I can't really remember what the exam was like but I remember it being the hardest in my opinion so I'd say 42 A* / 35 A same as June 2013

I think your ones are quite reasonable but loads of people had different opinions on the exams. :smile:

I think I'd get

C2 - A, B2 - A, P2 - B, C/A - A
So an overall low A for Additional Science

C1 - A*, B1 - A, P1 - B, C/A - A
Probably a high/mid A for Core Science

i see :smile: i guess its not the same for everyone... i also am hoping for an A... either way... i just hope you're right about the grade boundaries you just said!
i see :smile: i guess its not the same for everyone... i also am hoping for an A... either way... i just hope you're right about the grade boundaries you just said!

I hope the grade boundaries are nice but who knows. :tongue:

Hoping for that AAA :ahee: Though to be fair I wouldn't mind an ABA, I'd be upset but meh it's not too bad.
I hope the grade boundaries are nice but who knows. :tongue:

Hoping for that AAA :ahee: Though to be fair I wouldn't mind an ABA, I'd be upset but meh it's not too bad.

lol yeah but if you want to do A level science, ABA doesnt sound too convincing, i remember having a nice convo with you, hi five mate!
lol yeah but if you want to do A level science, ABA doesnt sound too convincing, i remember having a nice convo with you, hi five mate!

To be fair I found GCSE alright and didn't struggle with it at all. :tongue: I was just lazy, so I wouldn't even be surprised if I got BBB. It's enough to get into my desired sixth form so meh. :smile:

So long as I bother to work at A-Level I think I'll be fine. :ahee: I'm only doing maybe doing Biology and/or Psychology at A-Level anyway. Was originally going to do Physics but not anymore.

We've had loads of conversations about GCSEs and A-Levels. :lol:
To be fair I found GCSE alright and didn't struggle with it at all. :tongue: I was just lazy, so I wouldn't even be surprised if I got BBB. It's enough to get into my desired sixth form so meh. :smile:

So long as I bother to work at A-Level I think I'll be fine. :ahee: I'm only doing maybe doing Biology and/or Psychology at A-Level anyway. Was originally going to do Physics but not anymore.

We've had loads of conversations about GCSEs and A-Levels. :lol:

gcse was alright, hope A levels go much better though... and yes i asked you if you had facebook?
gcse was alright, hope A levels go much better though... and yes i asked you if you had facebook?

Ah yeah I said I didn't have it because I was deactivated at the time. I'm reactivated now though so feel free to add me, DM'ed my FB. :smile:
For the last sixmarker in C2 did we have to talk about colour change???
I made a lot of mistakes on C2 and p3 :frown:
Original post by Marcusroye98
For the last sixmarker in C2 did we have to talk about colour change???

I made a lot of mistakes on C2 and p3 :frown:

yeah i think you did... i failed that c2 6 marker tho :frown: hoping God gives me 3/6

P3 was my favorite exam :biggrin: tbh,i think i done way better in extension than additional
yeah i think you did... i failed that c2 6 marker tho :frown: hoping God gives me 3/6

P3 was my favorite exam :biggrin: tbh,i think i done way better in extension than additional

I spoke to my teacher and she said you wouldnt have needed too. They were testing whether you knew the re activity series e.g chlorine most reactive?? i think it said explain in terms of reactivity?
I spoke to my teacher and she said you wouldnt have needed too. They were testing whether you knew the re activity series e.g chlorine most reactive?? i think it said explain in terms of reactivity?

Im not quite sure but i think it was a describe question... you needed to say how you would know that chlorine displaced bromine etc etc If you said that the reactivity increases as you go up the group then thats great, but that sort of knowledge would have already been demonstrated by the fact that you said chlorine would displace bromine which would displace iodine (chlorine is the highest up the group) so i wouldn't think it would get you any additional marks for stating that the reactivity increases as you go up the group. Did the question really ask for an explanation? if i recall correctly, i only saw describe :confused:
Im not quite sure but i think it was a describe question... you needed to say how you would know that chlorine displaced bromine etc etc If you said that the reactivity increases as you go up the group then thats great, but that sort of knowledge would have already been demonstrated by the fact that you said chlorine would displace bromine which would displace iodine (chlorine is the highest up the group) so i wouldn't think it would get you any additional marks for stating that the reactivity increases as you go up the group. Did the question really ask for an explanation? if i recall correctly, i only saw describe :confused:

you had to mention that if the electron is closer to the nucleus then the forces of attraction are greater which means an electron is more likely to attract to it - hence the reason why chrloine is the most reactive because it has only a few shells :smile: Hopefully you will just get marks for saying which ones are more reactive!
you had to mention that if the electron is closer to the nucleus then the forces of attraction are greater which means an electron is more likely to attract to it - hence the reason why chrloine is the most reactive because it has only a few shells :smile: Hopefully you will just get marks for saying which ones are more reactive!

I hope so... good luck! what are you hoping for in C2 anyway?
I hope so... good luck! what are you hoping for in C2 anyway?

Hoping for an A :frown: I need one but im really unsure atm :frown:
Hoping for an A :frown: I need one but im really unsure atm :frown:

same... C2 has never really had high grade boundaries although it is the easiest one... i think b2 and p2 will save me lol (i do triple also, but i get my results as core, add, ext - not bio, chem, phys)
same... C2 has never really had high grade boundaries although it is the easiest one... i think b2 and p2 will save me lol (i do triple also, but i get my results as core, add, ext - not bio, chem, phys)

exactly the same here!
I found that C2 was just the same as all the other years in terms of difficulty. I found that in C2 i made a lot of mistakes and I cant really remember much of B2 except from the ones i got wrong!
exactly the same here!
I found that C2 was just the same as all the other years in terms of difficulty. I found that in C2 i made a lot of mistakes and I cant really remember much of B2 except from the ones i got wrong!

lol exactly! on the whole i think i didn't to really well in additional... id be happy to scrape an A... What was your easiest in extension? mine was physics and my worst was Biology... i made quite a few mistakes so id estimate around 47 marks... which was a B last year :frown: but really confident i got an A* for chem and phys
lol exactly! on the whole i think i didn't to really well in additional... id be happy to scrape an A... What was your easiest in extension? mine was physics and my worst was Biology... i made quite a few mistakes so id estimate around 47 marks... which was a B last year :frown: but really confident i got an A* for chem and phys

I found extension easier except from P3. I think i found extension easier because i used the textbook to revise but for additional I only used the revision guide. I found C3 the easiest one. I got 47 out of 50 in the FASCAR and 44 out of 50 in the ASCAR

Quick Reply

Latest