The Student Room Group

Royal Marines Commando School

just watched this and found it quit interesting just wondering if anyone else watched it ?
Original post by 93jm
just watched this and found it quit interesting just wondering if anyone else watched it ?

really good seeing how tough their training is
I caught the end last night and have since watched it on 4OD, it's a great show and it really shows what the recruits have to go through before they can become a Marine. I really respected that guy that said he wouldn't attest as he wanted to do a degree in medicine, takes real guts to do that.

I do think that Bond is too young for the Marines, he's incredibly immature and quite childlike. I felt bad for the guy who had a skin condition that forced him out :hug:

I looked at the Royal Marine pre-training fitness requirements, 2.4km in under 12 minutes is piss easy likewise doing another 2.4km in under 10 minutes, although I continue to train with the IDF at the back of my mind :lol:
Original post by tehFrance
I caught the end last night and have since watched it on 4OD, it's a great show and it really shows what the recruits have to go through before they can become a Marine. I really respected that guy that said he wouldn't attest as he wanted to do a degree in medicine, takes real guts to do that.

I do think that Bond is too young for the Marines, he's incredibly immature and quite childlike. I felt bad for the guy who had a skin condition that forced him out :hug:

I looked at the Royal Marine pre-training fitness requirements, 2.4km in under 12 minutes is piss easy likewise doing another 2.4km in under 10 minutes, although I continue to train with the IDF at the back of my mind :lol:

2.4km in under 10 is still rather easy, really would have thought it be much higher the pre training requirements. Respect though to what these guys do.
Original post by Malevolent
2.4km in under 10 is still rather easy, really would have thought it be much higher the pre training requirements. Respect though to what these guys do.

I thought they'd be harder too but I suppose they are wanting to persuade those that could be fantastic soldiers without knowing it into signing up so they can realise their full potential? :dontknow:
Original post by tehFrance
I thought they'd be harder too but I suppose they are wanting to persuade those that could be fantastic soldiers without knowing it into signing up so they can realise their full potential? :dontknow:

Yeah I guess so. Having it too hard would maybe dissuade a few potential good soldiers but under 10 is still surprising :lol:
Why are the marines forced to sleep naked? Whats wrong with wearing a clean pair of boxers?
Just been watching the series from episode 2... felt really, really sorry for some of the guys. A lot of them seem to think it's a glorified DofE and underestimated exactly what it entailed whereas others are deeply aware but are finding it too physically demanding. Some heartbreaking clips.
Their training seems like utter crap when compared to various other countries soldiers.
Reply 9
There is so much bloody swearing though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending