The Student Room Group

Do you take Creatine? Yes or No?

Poll

Do you take creatine?

I used to take it a few months back, did see significant improvement and built the core of my muscles. Although I had it in pill form which was a real pain taking 5 each time. When I stopped I felt a lot healthier too.

Thinking of taking it again, probably powdered form this time round.

Do you guys use it, is it worth it? I'm currently lifting way more than when I used to take it.

What brand/type/alternative would you recommend if you do.

Regards :smile:
I do

There is creatine in meats/fish to those neckbeards who think creatine is on par with gear.
nah i want to stay natty
I take Creatine. If at any point you felt unhealthy when you were taking it, it might be because your dosage was wrong, or simply the kind of Creatine. I'm guessing you were taking Creatine Monohydrate. That adds water weight and can make you feel blotted and crampy at the end of a workout.

I take Creatine Hydrochloride (HCL). It's sold under the name Con-Cret, and it's way better than Creatine Monohydrate. It's more efficient in core muscle building, in keeping you less sore, and your muscles more enduring. All in all, I prefer it much more. It's expensive, though. I buy mine in the USA, and it's like $60 (about £35) for a small powder tin.

Cheers and I hope it helps. Happy lifting :smile:
I use it to fuel my steroid addiction. I can't get enough of that white fluffy powder!
Original post by LoicInAfrica
I take Creatine. If at any point you felt unhealthy when you were taking it, it might be because your dosage was wrong, or simply the kind of Creatine. I'm guessing you were taking Creatine Monohydrate. That adds water weight and can make you feel blotted and crampy at the end of a workout.

I take Creatine Hydrochloride (HCL). It's sold under the name Con-Cret, and it's way better than Creatine Monohydrate. It's more efficient in core muscle building, in keeping you less sore, and your muscles more enduring. All in all, I prefer it much more. It's expensive, though. I buy mine in the USA, and it's like $60 (about £35) for a small powder tin.

lmfao you've been conned son
Original post by illusionz
lmfao you've been conned son

Not when you consider that includes shipping and handling to Africa, where I live.
Creatine.HCl is no better than Creatine.H2O. In fact the monohydrate would get converted to the HCl salt in the stomach anyway...
Creatine. Not even once.

Quick Reply

Latest