The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Hi,

This thread is for everyone who applies to, firms, insures and becomes a fresher at Manchester, starting September 2014! This is the place to find other applicants for your course, and to chat about applying to Manchester.

First though, I'd like to draw your attention to some really useful resources on TSR
General FAQ
Accommodation FAQ
If you've got any questions that are related to those resources, it's generally best to post in those threads

If you're a postgrad applicant, then the postgrad chat thread is here

Good luck with your applications and A2 results! :^_^:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 3
Hi guys :-D XD im applying for Law LLB at UoM currently studying Law, English Literature and Psychology A levels and predictons for results in the summer are A*AA :-) XD xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey I'm applying for Biology with a year in Industry :smile: Nervous about the interview though!
Reply 5
Applying for Computer Science, but deferring my entry.

I'm going down to see the university and the nightlife later on on the 5th October, looking forward to it.
helllo I'm applying for social anthropology, AS grades were AAAB and predictions are A*AA :smile: really hope I get an offer I love Manchester!
Reply 7
Applying for Accounting & Finance!!
Reply 8
Apply for chemistry with a year international study:biggrin:
Reply 9
I'm applying for Maths with actuarial science :smile:
Predicted A* for maths. And already got a 5,5 on my 2 AP's (American equivalent of A levels 5 being the highest)
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey, I'm applying for Ancient History :redface:
Hey, applying for Geology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for the Manchester MPhys course :smile:
Is anyone coming to the open day on Saturday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes! will be staying in Manchester overnight :smile:
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yupp im coming with my twin sister to see the law degree course XD :-) really excited now!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marm-alade
yes! will be staying in Manchester overnight :smile:

:woo: Don't forget to have a look around the city itself in the evening then - there's a lot of nice things to see :h:

Original post by aliakhan
Yupp im coming with my twin sister to see the law degree course XD :-) really excited now!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember you asking about halls, so you might like to go on the accommodation tour. They depart from Alan Turing building, and whilst Gabs won't be open, it might be nice to get an idea of what halls look like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Just sent of my application tonight :biggrin:

how long do they take to schedule an interview as ill be flying back from my gap year programme and have to book a flight!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am, I'm coming up on the 4th too because it's a 4 hour drive. :redface:

Hey guys, I'm applying for chemical engineering with year in industry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Faye_m
Just sent of my application tonight :biggrin:

how long do they take to schedule an interview as ill be flying back from my gap year programme and have to book a flight!

It'll depends on the department - I'd suggest emailing the department to ask.

What subject are you applying for? Some (eg medicine) are genuine selection tools, but others (eg physics) just use it as a marketing tool and only invite those who are getting an offer.

If you make the department aware that you're going to be travelling then they may be willing to make adjustments (eg Skype interviews), though they may not - don't ask don't get and all that, though you should phrase it delicately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply