The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Manchester doesn't have a freshers ball does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I'm not usually a shy person but I'm getting really nervous thinking about meeting everyone now! Just want to move in and make friends with my flat
WHOS DOING MATHS?!? (capitals are necessary ok shh)
also, i have no idea on dates of events, can someone enlighten me on any dates i should be aware of? :biggrin:
peace!
Original post by poppymorch
Manchester doesn't have a freshers ball does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there is one, it's news to me, but there are sometimes society balls at Christmas and summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omar.Q
WHOS DOING MATHS?!?

Me! I'm doing maths, haven't found many others yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaisyKate
I'm not usually a shy person but I'm getting really nervous thinking about meeting everyone now! Just want to move in and make friends with my flat

Just remember everyone else is feeling exactly the same and will be just as eager to make friends as you are. :smile:

Original post by Omar.Q
also, i have no idea on dates of events, can someone enlighten me on any dates i should be aware of? :biggrin:
peace!

Do you mean Welcome Week events? If so, the SU has a guide on their website: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/
Original post by Lovepizza123
Oaklands!! You?

Christie (I think:tongue:) CC = Christie right?
Original post by Omar.Q
peace!

ME :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nkent
i am!:smile:

me too :smile:
Does anyone know if there is a date that we have to move into halls by?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chaaamberz
Does anyone know if there is a date that we have to move into halls by?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome Week starts on the 15th, so by then basically. Otherwise you'd start missing stuff.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Welcome Week starts on the 15th, so by then basically. Otherwise you'd start missing stuff.

I'd been planning on moving in on the 15th but wasn't sure if that'd be too late

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everybody received their welcome pack in the post yet? I've got a letter from my department but not the welcome pack :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd been planning on moving in on the 15th but wasn't sure if that'd be too late

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd advise moving in on the 14th at the latest if you can. Looking at the Welcome Week timetable, there's nothing particularly important you'd be missing but most people will have already settled in and will be heading out to do stuff just as you're arriving.

There's also the chance that your department will have stuff you need to attend. It will vary between courses but I, for example, have five hours of compulsory introductory talks etc. on the 15th.
Original post by subject_delta
I got an unconditional in July.

Wow I didn't even realise they offered unconditional for that course. You must have really impressed them :smile:
Original post by chlodobaggins
Has everybody received their welcome pack in the post yet? I've got a letter from my department but not the welcome pack :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine only came today so maybe your post is just a bit slow. I'm sure you'll get it soon!
Original post by anee.12
i think i'm in sutherland :smile: my room number starts with 'SU'

what floor are you on? i'm on ground floor :smile:
Original post by howitoughttobe
Mine only came today so maybe your post is just a bit slow. I'm sure you'll get it soon!

Great news, thanks hon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me! I'm doing maths, haven't found many others yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

you got your accommodation sorted? i'm cutting it way to close
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Just remember everyone else is feeling exactly the same and will be just as eager to make friends as you are. :smile:

Do you mean Welcome Week events? If so, the SU has a guide on their website: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/

thanks for the link!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending