The Student Room Group

A message to the boys!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by überambitious_ox
If it is quite obvious that there is a mutual attraction between you and a girl, ask her out because the chances of the girl making the first move are very small!!

Decided to make this thread because I'm in this position, and I will certainly not make the first move.

So guys, go for it because she probably wants you too!!

Well not always... sometimes a girl can lead a guy on and just when a guy asks the girl out she out-rightly rejects him and friend zoned him!! Do you know how painful this is? :frown:
Reply 61
If it is quite obvious that there is a mutual attraction between you and a girl, ask her out because the chances of the girl making the first move are very small!!

Decided to make this thread because I'm in this position, and I will certainly not make the first move.

Original post by mojojojo101
@OP if you are the kind of the girl who EXPECTS me to make the first move just because I have a penis then you can pretty much count it as fact that it will DEFINITELY not happen.

Why not??
Why not??

Because it is indicative of an entitled person who expects others to do things for them. Also the aspect others have mentioned about equality/gender roles going both ways...

Either way, bot someone I am interested in having any sort of relationship with, romantic or not.
Original post by mojojojo101
Because it is indicative of an entitled person who expects others to do things for them. Also the aspect others have mentioned about equality/gender roles going both ways...

Either way, bot someone I am interested in having any sort of relationship with, romantic or not.

So would you just not doing anything at all? Say you are a girl both really liked each other, would you just leave it to go nowhere?
So would you just not doing anything at all? Say you are a girl both really liked each other, would you just leave it to go nowhere?

Unless I really, really, really liked her (and the chance of that considering we haven't already established contact in some form) then pretty much, yes.

Stop being a coward. No one finds that attractive.
So why would we be staring at each other everyday at uni then? Also, I caught him staring first

He was actually staring at the cuter girl behind you, sorry. :frown:
Original post by TroyAndAbed
He was actually staring at the cuter girl behind you, sorry. :frown:

Oh, so you think the same girl stands behind me everyday?
Original post by Entangled
überambitious_ox,

Melodrama and generalisations are not that much fun to unravel.

Kindest regards,

The Boys.

Can I get a Hallelujah?

*Hallelujah!*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by EatAndRevise
You have been told this by whom?

You have said that you have been staring at each other, but you have not talked to one another. How on earth does that mean he likes you?

Fatlogic.
Reply 71

You realise this makes you a loser right?
Reply 72
Lord above, this sounds like some year 5 bull****
Reply 73

Thats your plan too isnt it?
Reply 74
on behalf of boys everywhere, **** you.
It's so obvious; we've been staring at each other at uni everyday! Not now as it's Summer! We've never spoken though - I'm too shy and I think he is too.

What uni are you at? What if its me
If you're interested, make a move. Regardless of gender. It's 2014 for goodness sake. Rejection sucks and you'll get over it and move on. I think the idea that men should make the first move is daft, it places too much pressure on them to carry things forward and sets them up for the potentially painful process of rejection, and it removes a womans ability to exercise any proper power, if you like a guy you can sit there for ages waiting for him to ask you, and although you can argue that women get more choice because they can say yes to any guy they want, it's actually ridiculous, because it depends on the guy she wants asking in the first place, so that she can say yes. If girls make the first move then they get more power, they don't have to worry about saying yes or no to the guy and feeling helpless because someone likes them in a way they can't reciprocate.

This probably makes no sense. I'm quite sleepy.
Stupid thread.
Original post by lee1985
You're not alone, there are many girls that think just like you, and the guys know it. Hence why guys are overwhelmingly the ones that make the first move, in one way or another.

However, a lot of guys are also scared of rejection, and won't make a move unless he knows it's a positive answer. Not something you can be sure of by any standards since many people are just over-friendly and it's taken the wrong way.

Meh I don't buy the whole fear of rejection thing
Happy to drop the 'subtle hints' and go in for the kill if necessary :rolleyes:
But if the guy isn't brave enough to make a move then he isn't the one for me
Just my opinion though
Reply 79
OP your sexist remark about men having to take the initiative is very old fashioned and outdated, it is literally triggering me

please stop i cant even

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending