The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
Why do you even want to be approached? Marriage? :redface:

So you're a hijaby right, I know this is a random question but how would you like to get married? In the sense that do you want to find someone for yourself or you let your parents do the work? I'm a Muslim guy and want to know how this process works in this society, back home for me its usually my mum finding me girls and me having the final say but I'd rather find my own wife..
Original post by Anonymous
So you're a hijaby right, I know this is a random question but how would you like to get married? In the sense that do you want to find someone for yourself or you let your parents do the work? I'm a Muslim guy and want to know how this process works in this society, back home for me its usually my mum finding me girls and me having the final say but I'd rather find my own wife..

I'm a hijabi and probaby through mutual friends and relatives :smile: but i'd like to think I can find someone on my own lol
I'm a hijabi and probaby through mutual friends and relatives :smile: but i'd like to think I can find someone on my own lol

So you would want guys to approach you.. obviously not flirt with you but to be friends for a while and see where that goes?

I have no idea lol, I'm going to see if I happen to meet anyone otherwise my family will suggest people I think :lol:
So you would want guys to approach you.. obviously not flirt with you but to be friends for a while and see where that goes?

Yeah but perhaps more during the 3rd year because i dont wanna think about marriage till 3rd year (starting in sept)
Doesn't thaf defeat the point of a hijab? :-P

To cover up there beauty?
Just curious :smile:

No, isn't that one of the reasons they were it?
Yeh i would stay clear because that's a sign that they want to be good and pure and want someone islamic. But for some it is a veil and use that to hide behind their 'sins'. But no me being white i just have the idea in my head that there's no chance anyway. I know that's bad but that how i feel inside.
Yeah but perhaps more during the 3rd year because i dont wanna think about marriage till 3rd year (starting in sept)

what course?
what course?

Its a science based subject :smile: you?
Its a science based subject :smile: you?

Science based as well :smile:, hopefully at Imperial (If I get the grades) what country are you originally from? I'm from Pakistan.
Original post by PostKeynesian
Yeh i would stay clear because that's a sign that they want to be good and pure and want someone islamic. But for some it is a veil and use that to hide behind their 'sins'. But no me being white i just have the idea in my head that there's no chance anyway. I know that's bad but that how i feel inside.

have you ever been attracted to hijabis?
yeh not all girls in hijabs but some i thought were very attractive, i would smile and they would smile back but that thought would just be stuck in my head and I think there's no point in trying
What do you mean by approach? If you mean make marital advancements then yes. I've fallen in love with the most beautiful Hijabi girl in the world, so I have to approach her soon so I can marry her. I don't want anything bad to happen so I'm be straight to marriage in sha Allah. Remember Quran 17:32 'And don't go anywhere near zina(illegal sexual activity): it is an outrage, and an evil path'
Original post by cobalion955
What do you mean by approach? If you mean make marital advancements then yes. I've fallen in love with the most beautiful Hijabi girl in the world, so I have to approach her soon so I can marry her. I don't want anything bad to happen so I'm be straight to marriage in sha Allah. Remember Quran 17:32 'And don't go anywhere near zina(illegal sexual activity): it is an outrage, and an evil path'

Have you spoken to her before? if you don't mind me asking, what is your plan of action?
Original post by PostKeynesian
yeh not all girls in hijabs but some i thought were very attractive, i would smile and they would smile back but that thought would just be stuck in my head and I think there's no point in trying

What thought? the thought that she's a hijabi? I think most hijabis wouldn't be interested in it too because there's a reason why they wear the hijab and as you said there's no point in trying, so yeah. :smile:
Lol how do u know she actually likes u back? You cant just say you're going to marry her when you dont know her. Lol
Original post by cobalion955
Original post by ChickenMadness
Her lol.

Shes buff. Why would she go for you
Original post by Ribbit1234
Lol how do u know she actually likes u back? You cant just say you're going to marry her when you dont know her. Lol

Yeah this is exactly what I think.....I know its Islamic to just go up to hijabis and say 'Hey I want to marry you, can you give me your dads number so we discuss things?' but who the hell does that in this society...sounds kinda creepy imo and I'm a Muslim guy lol.
Have you spoken to her before? if you don't mind me asking, what is your plan of action?

Only very briefly. I plan to get to know her in the company of both of her parents, then propose to her in front of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending