The Student Room Group

PC or console gamer?

Poll

?????????

Which one are you?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Well in your criteria I'm definitely a worthless peasant! To be honest though I'm more than happy with my Wii U, been a Nintendo gamer from the start of my gaming life and I really like all of the core franchises and bet loads of people would happily see the likes of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Smash Bros, Pokemon on their consoles. I know all of the current gen consoles are behind in comparison to a top end gaming PC but the graphics and gameplay Nintendo are getting out of their supposedly underpowered machine are pretty good to me, I think Zelda Wii U will really show what Nintendo and the Wii U are capable of!
I am part of the PC master race, having been one since I was about 3 (I was exposed to the glory of Doom, Quake and Counter Strike at that age :cool:).
I have also played on consoles like the SNES, N64 and GameCube along the way and I have to say that I do miss the old Nintendo titles like Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Star Fox. However, emulators exist on PC and now mobile devices, which I hear, so playing those games are made easier than buying an old and used console :biggrin: Or just having to visit my grandparents' house.

However, PC does give me a better experience when playing the games, but consoles provide a better social experience if you have some friends online - sorry if you don't have any friends, I feel for you since that's what I was like on the PC back BEFORE it was recognised as the powerful behemoths they are.
Butthurt consolers inbound in 3...2...1...
I've always used a PC, but the range of games available on PCs now is so appallingly limited. May be time to hang up my mouse and buy a console.
Original post by Quantex
I've always used a PC, but the range of games available on PCs now is so appallingly limited. May be time to hang up my mouse and buy a console.

Wut?
Original post by Jammy Duel
Wut?

You can only play every game ever made for PC since the beginning of time after all.
Original post by mikeyd85
You can only play every game ever made for PC since the beginning of time after all.

I would rather play just a handful of games which omit major genres are are woefully lacking in anything but shooters! Oh, wait...
I approve of this thread :cool:
Original post by Jammy Duel
I would rather play just a handful of games which omit major genres are are woefully lacking in anything but shooters! Oh, wait...

:lol:
I game on a Mac :colonhash:

On boot camp.
Definitely not biased!
I wonder why the console peasants aren't coming in and voting, is it because they're scared? Maybe they don't want to admit they're peasantry? Maybe, being on a console, they're just incapable of changing window to come and vote on their excessively long HDD driven loading screens.
Reply 13
Both. But I prefer my PS4.
Original post by Robbo-92
Well in your criteria I'm definitely a worthless peasant! To be honest though I'm more than happy with my Wii U, been a Nintendo gamer from the start of my gaming life and I really like all of the core franchises and bet loads of people would happily see the likes of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Smash Bros, Pokemon on their consoles. I know all of the current gen consoles are behind in comparison to a top end gaming PC...
And mid range, did I forget to include low end too? If the current consoles outclass your "gaming" pc you need an upgrade.
...but the graphics and gameplay Nintendo are getting out of their supposedly underpowered machine are pretty good to me, I think Zelda Wii U will really show what Nintendo and the Wii U are capable of!

Tbh though, nintendo don't need a powerful machine because their artistic style doesn't require powerhouse graphics.
I prefer PC gaming. I have had consoles too but I just seem to prefer gaming on my laptop. Maybe its because its more practical on a laptop and because you can play games anywhere then. With a console, you would have to drag the console plus a tv with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Neither, I am a gamer, end of. This mindless elitism is just another symptom of insecure children who need to justify their purchases.
I have a decent gaming PC but I tend to game more on my xbox because my friends do too. I don't like lonely gaming.
I like playing games.
Both. Mainly console at the moment but I will be upgrading my PC very soon though.

However, I will never become one of those idiotic PC gamers who never STFU about PC>Console.

I like gaming. Period.

Quick Reply

Latest