The Student Room Group

AS English Literature summer reading list?

I'm in year 11 heading into my A-levels, and i was wondering if anyone could do a list of books, plays, poems etc that i could read over the summer? I'm going to be studying Victorian Literature. I know that there's a few threads but it all seems abit vague, thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by politicsgeek111
I'm in year 11 heading into my A-levels, and i was wondering if anyone could do a list of books, plays, poems etc that i could read over the summer? I'm going to be studying Victorian Literature. I know that there's a few threads but it all seems abit vague, thanks in advance!

Do you know what books specifically you'll be studying, as this would probably be a lot more useful than just reading about Victorian literature generally. Do you also have any idea about which board you're going to be with?
Reply 2
Jane Eyre
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Great Expectations
Wuthering Heights
Dracula
The Professor
Those might be useful :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
There are loads.... To me it sounds like you will be studying under AQA A, Victorian option. What I would suggest is looking on their website and taking a look. They have a list of lots of wider reading for fiction, non-fiction, drama and poetry for Victorian Literature.

The Judas Kiss
Dracula
Picture of Dorian Gray
Wuthering Heights
Oliver Twist
Hard Times
Ruth
Possession
The Woman in White
Great Expectations
Vanity Fair
North and South