The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Masters in Public Health, Where to live?

Hi. I am an international PG student starting MPH in september and I need advice about where to get accomodation. My lectures are in City Hospital Campus but the University recommended accomodation is St Peter's Court near Jubilee campus. However, using Google Maps, I reckon it will be easier to live in a private hall like Trinity Square/Halley House in city center, which is 12mins by Bus to my lectures, and my sister also lives in city center.
Advantages of University accomodation are that the buses are free, i get to meet more people...but apparently it will take 30minutes to reach City Hospital via QMC? And I would still need to come to city center to shop and see my sister etc. What do you think? Is it better and more secure for to live on campus?
Original post by Ihibabe
Hi. I am an international PG student starting MPH in september and I need advice about where to get accomodation. My lectures are in City Hospital Campus but the University recommended accomodation is St Peter's Court near Jubilee campus. However, using Google Maps, I reckon it will be easier to live in a private hall like Trinity Square/Halley House in city center, which is 12mins by Bus to my lectures, and my sister also lives in city center.
Advantages of University accomodation are that the buses are free, i get to meet more people...but apparently it will take 30minutes to reach City Hospital via QMC? And I would still need to come to city center to shop and see my sister etc. What do you think? Is it better and more secure for to live on campus?

St Peter's Court isn't on campus; it's 5-10 mins from Jubilee Campus.

To get from SPC to City Hospital will take about 35 mins using the free Medilink bus service that leaves from next to Jubilee Campus.

If you lived somewhere near Victoria Centre in town, it would take 15 mins. Places nearby include Victoria Hall, iQ Nottingham, Cranbrook House, Trinity Square, The Glasshouse, probably more that I don't know about; all about 5 mins walk from where you'd get your bus from.

I don't really have experience with any of the city centre flats/apartments. SPC my friends tell me is pretty decent but I've never actually been inside.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh Thank you so much. I have checked most of them out... And they seem okay. Just the security I was worried about in some of the apartments. The one I have been considering does not have concierge/security team on ground which slightly worries me, and other good priced studios are all fully booked. :frown:. But thank you so much again, your reply is the real thing not "Google Maps". Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending