The Student Room Group

How would you rate World Cup 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Voted 8. It was alright but not the best i've seen.

Original post by Numberwang

BUT, after all the votes are cast, I'm going to use a fairly simple algorithm to come up with an overall average which'll show how you rate it TO THE DECIMAL POINT.

I'm interested to see how The Student Room rates it, either above or below Blatter's perception.

So, come in and vote - 10 being the 'best', 0 being the 'worst'. :smile:

Time to get the average?
I voted 7. It was a great start but it became a bit dull. I don't think any team was particularly good, nor did I see any potential stars emerge. Having said that, Enner Valencia's move to West Ham will be interesting.

Vastly superior to the previous World Cup but not as good as Euro 2008, which is the best tournament I've seen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
[late]

Quite disappointing for me. The "classic" matches from this world cup were the hidings, and while the holders and hosts both being completely dismantled might be appealing to some, I much prefer the close (and ideally high scoring) games. In the knockout rounds Belgium USA was the only game I truly enjoyed. Too many felt like a chore to watch.

I think I'd actually rate 2010 above 2014. Lots of the games were dull in both competitions, but at least in 2010 we were watching one of the best sides in international football history. This Germany side may go on to achieve that recognition but it's a long way off at the moment.

And the 'underdog stories' in 2010, Ghana and Uruguay, were far more enjoyable to watch than Costa Rica this year.

Quick Reply

Latest